The girl gamer hate.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adeksa

01-29-2014

What's with all the Donna Noble hate? ;o; I loved how sassy she was. She was a really entertaining character. And her grandad is the coolest old man ever.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

01-29-2014
6 of 7 Riot Posts

About Doctor Who: Excepting her catchphrase, Ace is my favorite companion ^^

About OP: It makes my soul very sad to see such built-up callouses around this conversation, so many replies are canned catchphrases intended to stifle. Personally, I think the best place to focus the discussion is on the Tribunal--players who actively vote on the Tribunal are more likely to listen and better able to do something about it. Ideally, this would get a reputation as something the Tribunal is really harsh on.

Also: Honorable mentions to Pond and Jamie

LittleMewMew

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Pond View Post
I love billie pipper.
She's a great woman.

I just loved amy pond's backstory more than rose's.
It's really hard to pick a favorite imo.
I love all the companions.
Personally I found Amy's back story kinda lame. After Donna it's like all the girls that go with him depend on him to form their identity. Rose was a bad ass who did things that even the Doctor was impressed with. Martha Jones wouldn't take his bs and found herself a committed guy not a lovesick Doctor, it's pretty bad ass to tell a timelord no imo. Donna freaking became part timelord.

Honestly though the hottest person on that show? Hard choice between John Barrowman and David Tennant <3

Exvayate

01-29-2014

... You crossed out the names on the scoreboard and the lobby chat but not the top right player list lol

Divine Tubby

01-29-2014

I just want to point out that you forgot to black out the names to the right of the top.
I can easily see now that it was the renek that was toxic.

Jean Never Wins

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thCenturyFaux View Post
About Doctor Who: Excepting her catchphrase, Ace is my favorite companion ^^
well if we are going to go into the older Dr who as well then K-9 is my homedog

LittleMewMew

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggalor View Post
Pffffftttt. So wrong. Clara is great, Rose was the best, and Amy was cool but Rory was the true companion.

Martha was my least favorite and while Donna had her flaws, she was pretty funny at times. I'm excited for the new series, we can finally see more of Clara and I wonder what personality the new Doctor will have. I love that they broke the trend of making the doctor younger and younger with each reincarnation.
Amy didn't deserve Rory, he was freaking bad ass!

DarkflameShyvana

01-29-2014

Why do people gotsa hate on Clara? She's a joka (Not as much as Donna, but still doe)

wwallyw

01-29-2014

Funny thread.

Opens with "Being seen as a girl gamer gets you flamed due solely because of the female"

GD responds with essentially "Yeah, well you shouldn't be female then! Flame flame flame"

Moves onto discussing Dr. Who.

Quality work.

Tennents last episode. I don't want him to go Makes me hate Smith every time I watch it. (Only to love him again shortly after, cause hey- it's Matt Smith! He's awesome!)

Donna worked so well because it was such an aside from the norm. I liked that.

MiyokoShadow

01-29-2014

My favourite companion is Clara because she is really pretty, she's a paradox and she is witty and can keep up and stay up to speed with the Doctor unlike some of the previous companions because Donna and Rose both had to have the Doctor explain stuff a little bit more than Clara needs him too. Back to the girl gamer discussion, I have a really girly summoner name and that was by accident because I couldn't come up with anything creative at that time, but most other players actually don't seem to care, and are just like 'damn. nj on that penta' or 'thanks for saving me' so I know how annoying having someone waving the girl gamer flag is but, in reality although you may get hate, the fact is that if you try your best and talk with your team during the game like about oncoming ganks they really can't complain. If they still pull the you're a girl gamer card, I just say 'I warned you about ganks, we worked as a team, and I helped y'all as much as I could and we just didn't win. You can't win every solo queue match, and we tried our best' and usually that gives them no reason to complain, because they usually aren't doing anything more than you.