Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chikendancer

01-29-2014

Potential idea I have, not really sure on the specific numbers but idk just throwing around some stuff:

Moonsilver Blade (Passive):

Diana permanently gains 25/30/35/40% bonus attack speed

Every third basic attack cleaves nearby enemies for 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 105 / 120 / 135 / 155 / 175 / 200 / 225 / 250 (+ 60% AP) magic damage. Spell casts also add a stack but will not be able to gain the cleaving effect. The counter will reset if Diana hasn't attacked for 3.5 seconds.

Crescent Strike:

Damage lowered across the board. Mana cost reduced.

Pale Cascade:

Diana gains a temporary shield for 5 seconds that absorbs incoming damage. She also creates three spheres that orbit her for up to 5 seconds. The spheres detonate on contact with an enemy unit, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies.

If all three spheres detonate, the shield is reapplied and the duration is refreshed. Diana also gains 4/5/6/7/8 bonus Magic Resist and Armor for each enemy championed damaged by a sphere. This second shield stacks with the original shield.

Moonfall:
Diana draws in all nearby enemies to her location, slowing them for 2 seconds afterwards and afflicting them with moonlight.

Lunar Rush:

Damage lowered significantly.

Basically these changes are turning her into a bruiser who is getting a lot of her damage from her passive and is using the Q -> combo as an initial gap closer rather than for burst. I'm not sure about all of these changes, but I really like the idea of Moonfall giving moonlight.

Exponential

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by atresj View Post
Yeah, but that isn't something you should compare. Diana has been pretty much nerfed to the ground so there's no use bringing that up because that is exactly the reason why are we speaking about her in the first place. ^^
I disagree that she has been nerfed to the ground. I think from a balance perspective she is tuned pretty well. I think its an identity crisis that is holding her back.

Do you want a high burst mobility assasin? Akali/LB/Fizz all are better

I think her value is her ability to dive/initiate while putting out strong sustained ap damage with her passive. However currently because of her burst potential her passive/defense/utility are all under-tuned.

FyreNinja

01-29-2014

I beat a Diana in lane with akali... However she built a sunfire and one more tanky item and then when out and dominated everyone but me.... I love her kit and the lockdown she brings.

My opinion

IlyaK1986

01-29-2014

As I said a page ago, why does she have a kit that pulls her in a zillion different directions with all of them bad?

She can't assassinate like a Khazix yet takes more risk than he does when trying to go in for a kill.
She can't initiate like a Zac, Leona (funnily enough, basically her foil), Vi, and so on, despite having to go into the middle of an enemy team just the same.
She can't pile on damage like a Jax or Shyvana, not only because she has a weaker kit, but because she has no defensive steroid.

IMO, these changes would make her excellent:
Passive: change to activate on three casts as opposed to three autoattacks. She's an AP character. She wants to cast spells, not stand there meleeing someone.
Crescent strike: decrease cooldown by a second with every autoattack. This is her combo enabler, this is a little gravy to carry over her passive auto-attack rewards.
Pale cascade: have it scale with both AP and health, ala Taric Q/Sejuani W. If she wants to be an initiator, this opens up a new build path for her which trades off raw damage in favor of higher defense. Make that health bonus increase *meaningful*.
Moonfall: have the slow (and radius?) scale with bonus health, to play into the "initiator Diana" build path.
Lunar Rush: reset on kill/assist and usable on allies. (Shunpo on steroids?)

In short, allow her to build into multiple roles. Want an assassin Diana? You can build for that. Want a tank initiator jungling Diana? You can build for that. Something in between? Fair game.

And don't say it's broken, because, well...

Elise says hi.

Super Explosion

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
No. Not Lissandra ult. Kayle ult.

Elise and Fizz already have Lissandra ult on their Es.
But although, as an addition: This allows Diana to get CCed through E.

So there is potential counterplay through CC.

But do we want that? How much CC does a low-initial-damage Diana need to eat?

So maybe it should block CC.

Remember. This has to hit an enemy champion to work.

It's not like the Elise/Fizz stuff where they can just run away for fun with a massive gapcloser on their Zhonyas.

The whole balance dynamic goal here is that Diana starts off with LOW damage.

Then she builds it up, after using her Titan Defense steroids to initiate.

See stacking defense won't work. She'll Rush in and BOOM.

And it probably isn't fun to play against a champion who becomes extremely difficult to kill as the fight goes on.

But one who becomes extremely deadly? Sure.

You can still kill her after her defense wears off.

It's there for a skillful Diana to survive both initiation and burst in teamfights.

So about that CC:

Squishy melee doesn't like it.

Kha'Zix deals with this by being better than Invulnerable. He stealths repeatedly with massive escape movementspeed and long range escape jumps.

At least Diana usually has to stick around.

So what if Pale Cascade blocks one type of CC for each orb that hits an enemy? First: slows, second: roots, third: stuns.

Or blocks all CC until the shield breaks.

The idea here is to give the enemy time to respond, right--

But not to be able to just push their panic-burst button as soon as they see her. She eats that.

Neo Cyrus

01-29-2014

How many pages have a written about this. I don't even want to talk about it I'm so sick of it.

0.1 AP added. Easy band-aid fix, baddies still get dumpstered due to her pathetic base damages, but gives her something late game. That and a skill for E to replace the nothing she has now. That's all that would be necessary.

atresj

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
And it probably isn't fun to play against a champion who becomes extremely difficult to kill as the fight goes on.
Having horrendous amounts of damage with Diana's low CDs and mobility would pretty much make her extremely difficult to kill as the fight goes on with dynamic damage progression too.

Gucci Nips

01-29-2014

I personally am fine with making Diana more of a DPS fighter rather than burst Assassin, on the condition that her kit, besides the numbers, be kept almost exactly as it is now. She has one of the most fun high risk, high reward kits in the game and I don't wan't that to change. So here is my idea: Add an armor and MR passive to moonfall, something like 5 Armor and MR per point in the skill. Then lower her ratios and possibly some of her base damages across the board. This makes the full AP assassin itemization significantly less appealing as you will have to be extremely fed to one shot a squishy. It makes a balanced build of both offensive and defensive items more attractive. Something along the lines of Sunfire, Zhonya's, Abyssal, Banshee's, Randuin's, and situationa; tier 2 boots. However if we lower her damages across the board she will desperately need mana cost buffs, so obviously there are alot of numbers that will go into balancing this. Overall however I think this would give her a nice balance of DPS and tankiness while still being high risk and high reward, and removing her ability to instagib.
TL;DR: Lower her damage, lower mana costs, give her an armor and MR passive on Moonfall, making her a DPS bruiser rather than a burst assassin.

Super Explosion

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by atresj View Post
Having horrendous amounts of damage with Diana's low CDs and mobility would pretty much make her extremely difficult to kill as the fight goes on with dynamic damage progression too.
Diana has almost Zero mobility. Lunar Rush is it, and it only goes to enemies.

Just ask Katarina, and she has titanic burst with titanic resets.

That's the point. If Diana doesn't have burst, doesn't have at-will escapes, she gets brief powerful defense and building damage in return.

If you escape Diana, the damage she was getting fades. If you don't escape, you can still kill her, but she's going to be hitting you harder.

The point is power with counterplay.

Partholonian

01-29-2014

I think the problem is the QRR burst. Someone upthread suggested that she should get a different reward out of QR besides a reset -- how about a steroid? Something that would make her more survivable and help her proc her passive (which to me feels more character defining than QRR, partly because you have it right from the start) and have a sustained presence. One gap closer should be enough if she's not too squishy.

This thread shows though that some people like her as an assassin, so no matter what direction you go with her, some people will be disappointed.