Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunal

01-29-2014

Meanwhile... almost four months since Nasus's...

Attachment 886711

I guess Riot got withered.

namielise

01-29-2014

on every thing actually not just reworks

Folded Socks

01-29-2014

and Nasus built a Visage and Frozen Heart so they will never NOT be withered.

Dunal

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by namielise View Post
on every thing actually not just reworks
Let's not be too harsh on them. After all, they've gone through the effort of cancelling Magma Chamber just so we can have a champion release within the next few months. Maybe an Ashe skin? Maybe both!? The possibilities are endless!

OuttaControl56

01-29-2014

I really don't care about Riot's lack of content. Beggars can't be choosers, and I bet that they have some stuff coming down the pipeline.

Its just when the make promises and then fail to deliver that drives me nuts. Splash arts for example. It takes about a month to make them, sure....

...So when was the last splash released?

This will all vanish with the massive Void event with Vel'koz and the Map VU and Kassadin's Daughter, but lawd riot. You know how to tease.

Dunal

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaControl56 View Post
This will all vanish with the massive Void event with Vel'koz and the Map VU and Kassadin's Daughter, but lawd riot. You know how to tease.
I won't hold my breath. Didn't everyone predict there was a Shurima event as well? Whatever happened to that?

I'm sure they'll do something huge eventually. The problem is just cadence. You'd think a company as large as Riot would be able to do a large event (such as Freijord) every few months. And that's generous when you look at say, MMO developers for instance (in regards to updates). LoL is a pretty small game when you think about it - in terms of scope and content (in contrast to the size of Riot Games themselves).

We're getting to the point where something as minor as a VU is taking 4+ months at a time, isn't that worrying?

It feels like Riot is doing the bare minimal required at this point. They're extremely successful. They're gaining lots of new players and revenue every day. So why bother? They can throw out a sizable update now and again to keep the fans happy, but if masses of updates and content isn't really going to make a difference in their massive (and rising) popularity, you might as well keep it easy, I suppose. New players aren't going to care too much. Older players won't leave (mostly) because it's genuinely a good product/game that they've spent a lot of time with. So it's a win/win for Riot either way.

I won't deny that the content they do release is generally good in quality. It's just quantity and scope. And there are a lot of companies who can pull off both -- but are smaller.

Cloudx16

01-29-2014

bump

namielise

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaControl56 View Post
I really don't care about Riot's lack of content. Beggars can't be choosers, and I bet that they have some stuff coming down the pipeline.

Its just when the make promises and then fail to deliver that drives me nuts. Splash arts for example. It takes about a month to make them, sure....

...So when was the last splash released?

that would be just perfect to calm down most of us,but beleive me they will NEVER do something like this,at least not now when they are so succesful.

namielise

01-29-2014

besides where is ironstylus????he didn't show up in a long time!he was really active on the forums

BetterQuitSucka

01-29-2014

And, let's remember, the OP is just talking about VUs, not reworks.

Remember when Riot said they were slowing down Champion releases to allocate more resources into Champion reworks/VUs? Yhea, how is that working out?

We're lucky to get ONE (either a rework (most likely VU) or a Champion) every couple of months.