Heartseeker Ashe is an abysmal failure on Riot's part.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralik098

01-29-2014

Ashe hasn't had a new skin in years, that is longer than these two skin champions have even been in the game, she deserves this skin over them for sure.

Hayaishi

01-29-2014

Actually i'm very disappointed, Cupid Varus would've been so much better.

Schwahrheit

01-29-2014

Just go download league skin mods or something. Skins are eye candy anyways.

Nude Annie Art

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ravens View Post
You do realize Zyra recently got a skin?
you could give zyra 2 more skins and she still woudlnt have as many as ashe.

serious talk.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

01-29-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna Bot View Post
I'm glad you decided to post, Wookiee.
But the thing is, Ashe has a ton of skins.
Shouldn't the teams prioritize other popular champions with less skins?
Hey Janna Bot, I just spent some time trying to track down an older red post where someone more informed on the subject matter explained a bit of the skin creation process. I can't comment specifically why one skin gets selected over another for any given event. Maybe someone else on the forums has a link handy to that post?

I would say that the initial tone of your post was a bit harsh, and although you bring up a legitimate question, it can be hard to get a quality response from someone on our art team when you immediately put them on the defensive.

Often our moderators will close threads down for being a bit too abusive or non-productive, but I thought I'd try to take a lighter look at your question. You mentioned that this was an abysmal failure. But let's be real, I'm sure there are a lot of other mistakes we could argue that were worse. :P

To me it's obvious that you're passionate, and I think that's awesome. But don't let that passion get in the way of your message.

Mythella

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangele View Post
I think the Valentine's Day skin being for Quinn would be redundant since she already has a red coloured skin.

Varus, I could see that happening next year for sure...

But as stated previously. I love Ashe and I am all for this.
How would that be redundant? Pheonix and Cupid are not the same

Mythella

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
Ashe hasn't had a new skin in years, that is longer than these two skin champions have even been in the game, she deserves this skin over them for sure.
Yeah cuz this is how it works, since she deserves a new skin I'm going to BUY it? Sure

Nude Annie Art

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I'm sure there are a lot of other mistakes we could argue that were worse. :P

seriously made me fall out of my chair laughing.

Nyotaimori

01-29-2014

A Riot employee replying to concerns regarding the champion creation process said something to the effect of rather than trying to fill a quota (x number of supports, x number of ADCs, x number of monster champions, and so on), they try to come up with a cool idea and go with that for new champions.

I imagine that's the way it is with skins as well, and I, for one, am okay with that. Having people try to make a skin they don't have their heart set on will significantly reduce the creative quality of skins. Is that how you want it to be?

Iris

01-29-2014

Here's what I think the problem is that almost anyone would have unequivocally agreed that this event skin would have served better on another champion. Your initial response to this thread really showed your lack of understanding of our frustration. But oh well, what is our opinion, right?