Game Modes Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

archangelfighter

01-15-2014

Make Hide~n~Seek a featured game mode.
Do it.
For science.

Yawnli

01-15-2014

a free for all sounds awesome

UltimaGalaxy

01-23-2014

My friends and I were discussing a goofy new gamemode.

Inroducing: Superchilled mode

The concept behind this idea is very simple: the cooldowns of all spells are reduced to 0. Imba to the max, but that's what will make it so fun! Just troll around and see how OP you favorite champions are!

(No mana or unique resources, and no summoner spells. Does not extend to item actives.)

Arclmpulse

01-28-2014

The Bronze Dream

Summoners Rift 5v5

Every item you get is random. When the match starts everybody is given one full built random item, every 5 minutes after each player is given another full built random item. By minute 25 everybody should have a full build of random items. A player may delete an item in hopes to get a better suited item in the next 5 minutes when items are given out or earned item.

Additional random items can be earned by:
every 75 CS
3 player kills
3 player assists
5 objectives taken (dragons/towers)

Rondald McDonald

01-28-2014

Before you read, I would like to state this is not my original idea. Ill post the reddit link on the bottom.

AI Challenges You!

How to
Start a custom game, fill all the slots with bots and choose your difficult enhancers listed below. You can choose as many as you want. Suit yourself. Comment your results.

I separated them into tiers of difficulty, but you can choose from different tiers and mix them. For instance you could pick Survivor/Harcore/Doran's Start. Enhancers marked with an * are penalties, they remove points from your score. Creep and kill score should be considered after the game is finished, you don't actually need to have 36 cs at exactly 3 minutes of the game to complete CS God.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difficult Enhancers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God Tier - 100 points each

No shopping: can't use shop. (300 points - not feeling like creating a new tier just for this one)
Doran's start: buy a Doran item at start, finish the game using only it. Not valid if No shopping.
Survivor: no recalling, can't heal at fountain. Buy items outside of fountain range. Valid only on Hardcore.
Tower Defense: can't lose any turret.
One man stand: go 1v5.
Tier 1 - 50 points each

Hardcore: dying is defeat.
No siege: can't attack structures. May only push waves and let minions kill turrets/inhibitors/nexus.
CS God: must have at least 12*(minutes of game). 10 minutes = 120 cs. CS score don't stack.
Legendary: must have at least 1.5 kill per minute of game (rounded up). 11 minutes = 17 kills. Kill score don't stack.
Shoplifter (*): have more than 2 items at the same time.(-50 for each extra item). 4 items = -100 points.
Tier 2 - 25 points each

No summoner spells: can't use them. Remove keybind if necessary.
No masteries: go 0/0/0.
No runes: go without a rune page.
Godlike: must have at least 1 kill per minute of game. 11 minutes = 11 kills.
CS Master: must have at least 10*(minutes of game). 10 minutes = 100 cs.
Tier 3 - 10 points each

No pots: flask and pots prohibited. Only valid on survivor. Not valid on No Shoping.
Homeguard: can't lose any inhibitor.
No jungle: can't kill jungle camps
No buffs: can't use any buffs (red or blue)
CS Pro: must have at least 8*(minutes of game). 10 minutes = 80 cs.
Killing Spree: must have at least 0.75 kill per minute of game (rounded up). 11 minutes = 9 kills.
Infernal Team Comps: go against Shen/Annie, Warwick, Cho'Gath, Fiddlesticks and Malzahar.

There can be a leader boards system where you can see how much everyone's (and your friends's) scores. Obviously it would be nice to add other point systems more complex so that there aren't many people tied for first place. I think this could be a very fun mode, especially trying to beat your friend's highscore. This will also help players to learn when to engage and when not to.

Reddit Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...w_leaderboard/

Challenge

01-28-2014

Hyper Speed Mode

I was watching some of my replays earlier and I noticed something while running at 4 times speed. The game looks like so much fun when sped up. I think quite an easy game mode to produce would be a 1.5x or 2.0x speed Summoner's Rift match. Just imagine the chaos. The constant skittles. The lightning bolt rammus. The nid spear machine guns. It would also be great for shorter games when we're all in a hurry.

Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...e_hyper_speed/

ChronosNite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2014

This one is obvious, WTF Mode. 0 Cooldown, 0 Mana cost. Pretty simple, everything else remains the same. Items still cost money, minions still spawn, all that.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

01-28-2014
19 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronosNite View Post
This one is obvious, WTF Mode. 0 Cooldown, 0 Mana cost. Pretty simple, everything else remains the same. Items still cost money, minions still spawn, all that.
I am not sure if Karthus or Gangplank would be more hilarious in this circumstance. Karthus is obviously stronger... but the perpetual rain of cannonballs would be really funny.

LifeSmash

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronosNite View Post
In the same vein (but perhaps slightly less stupid where Karthus is concerned), consider an uncapped mode where the CDR, attack speed, and movespeed caps are all removed.

THEJJSLAY

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I am not sure if Karthus or Gangplank would be more hilarious in this circumstance. Karthus is obviously stronger... but the perpetual rain of cannonballs would be really funny.
Karthus