riot, i would like to be alerted when the people i reported are banned

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falling Stars

Senior Member

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oconnomo View Post
Here's the way I think they should do it. Instead of sending you a notice saying "you reported yoloswag420 and he has been punished by the tribunal" they should give you a weekly (or monthly digest) saying you reported x number of people, of those people y have received punishment. This would do two things: it would let you know that your feelings of dissatisfaction with the game/community are actually being addressed and, if you see that you are reporting 100x more people than are getting punished...perhaps you're not using the report function correctly.
When you participate in tribunal you can view the justice review to "know that your feelings of dissatisfaction with the game/community are actually being addressed." There isn't really any reason besides personal gratification to know the outcomes of the specific people you reported.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy View Post
When you participate in tribunal you can view the justice review to "know that your feelings of dissatisfaction with the game/community are actually being addressed." There isn't really any reason besides personal gratification to know the outcomes of the specific people you reported.
There's a difference though. Tribunal you're judging individuals you've likely never interacted with and while you may get satisfaction for improving the game it doesn't directly address your experience. My suggestion tells you that individuals who ruined your experience have been punished and your plea for help (the report) was actually heard rather than getting spit out into the ether of the internet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falling Stars

Senior Member

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oconnomo View Post
There's a difference though. Tribunal you're judging individuals you've likely never interacted with and while you may get satisfaction for improving the game it doesn't directly address your experience. My suggestion tells you that individuals who ruined your experience have been punished and your plea for help (the report) was actually heard rather than getting spit out into the ether of the internet.
I understand what you are getting at, however the only thing more than you get out of knowing this than the justice review is personal gratification that your specific report did anything.

You should be able to safely assume that players, who are consistently toxic, will be punished at some point, and I honestly think that protecting the privacy of players and their punishments are more important than validating people on whether their report did anything to facilitate
punishment in individual cases.

edited to add: If something was received like this "x amount of your reports have contributed to x punishments" I would find that acceptable, as long as names were kept anonymous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy View Post
I understand what you are getting at, however the only thing more than you get out of knowing this than the justice review is personal gratification that your specific report did anything.

You should be able to safely assume that players, who are consistently toxic, will be punished at some point, and I honestly think that protecting the privacy of players and their punishments are more important than validating people on whether their report did anything to facilitate
punishment in individual cases.

edited to add: If something was received like this "x amount of your reports have contributed to x punishments" I would find that acceptable, as long as names were kept anonymous.
I completely agree that names shouldn't be included and I see you've added the edit to reflect my stance. I just think that the average player would feel better knowing that they've been heard, in some degree, with regards to their experiences in the community. The thought that people should be comfortable knowing that toxic players will get punished eventually is something I disagree with. I wouldn't describe myself as a toxic player but as someone who falls into Riot's neutral zone. I don't ever actively antagonize anyone but if an individual comes into a game that I'm in and trolls/abuses someone I react very, very strongly and end up getting so worked up that I say inappropriate things. Usually this isn't a problem as it is a relatively rare occurrence (1 in 20 games maybe?) but things got bad christmas break when I kept getting stuck with teammate after teammate who was obviously only in the game with the intention of ruining the experience for others (things like an anivia who was part of a 4 man premade that would keep walling me off so I'd die and then laughing about it to his buddies). Game after game was like this and, instead of taking a break from the game, I'd react stronger and more rapidly...I received at least 30 "you've been reported warnings" over the course of the 3 week period and it wasn't until 3 weeks after break that (and things had calmed down) that I finally got a warning and a very short term chat restriction. Sure I was responding to a teammate's antics but I was probably responsible, at least in part, for ruining the experience of people in at least 50-75 games over that time period. I'm sure those that I upset would love to hear that I'd been through the tribunal and was punished for my actions. I know that I would love to know that when a teammate purposefully ruins my experience I can actually get satisfaction from muting them and reporting them rather than unleashing verbal tirades in response.

TL;DR: I'd love to know that my reports actually meant something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moragtao

Senior Member

01-28-2014

I would love a little notification saying something along the line of "A summoner that you reported has been punished."

Doesn't have to be specific. Just a little message saying someone I reported got punished. That way, you at least know that you've helped a little.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-28-2014

As good as it would feel to get that vindication, there are some privacy issues, a few random snags, and honestly we shouldn't be reporting because it feels good to get people punished.

Mechanically though, you could get instances where someones false/frivolous report gets a "You got 'em!" response, because the person was also reported for legitimate reasons. If in one game someone reports someone for intentionally feeding because they are bad at warding and gave up 3 kills, but in the next game that same person is reported (and then punished because of) a ton of racial slurs, the reporter from the first game would erroneously assume the reported player was banned for dieing three times.

However a less direct "Reported players put into tribunal X%, punished Y%, that updates in monthly batches, might avoid those things.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HyenaOfLeisure

Senior Member

01-28-2014

I would rather not report a "toxic player x" and get a message saying "toxic player x has been banned" it feels like that could lead to a power trip, and while it might be nice to have some smug satisfaction against legitimately toxic players, I can see how people might enjoy that feeling of 'power' and try to abuse it.

I'd much rather have a system in place where if I report someone, it will notify me saying "One of your reports has come to the tribunals attention, and appropriate action has been taken, thank you." that way, regardless of the outcome(which I won't know) I feel good for doing my part, if they do get punished, then the tribunal is doing its job, if not, the person gets pardoned, the tribunal is still doing its job, and I won't know the exact person I reported, nor the outcome, I just know that I have given my best effort to make the game a better place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chastity

Senior Member

01-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2Saucy View Post
i suggest a system where we are alerted when the reported player is suspended/banned.

when i remain civil as someone is raging / being negative, i tell them "i hope your inability to control ur emotions is worth the report and maybe a ban." it would feel simply fantastic to know that my words were actually true and the people raging finally got what was deserved.
It is not civil to report them at all, nor is it to want to know they were punished because of your report.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagnusMentula

Senior Member

01-28-2014

Ahahahahhaha, this got upvotes? Nice to see the community isn't spiteful, infantile and overly sensitive. Would be a good idea if they also added a "player just plays his smurf now, get rekt fgt, you accomplished nothing." notification to make all the butt hurt whiners even more butt hurt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MormonChinMormon

Senior Member

01-28-2014

This would get me (and many others, i assume) off faster than any amount/quality of porn.