Maps Skin Ideas

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManiacalSummoner

01-25-2014

For Fall, it can be a Piltover, Zuan thing. Have Zuan side be all polluted and dark. With the jungle and minions being mutated and dark looking. While Piltover could be all clean with blimps, and a modern feel. Instead of trees everywhere and dirt roads, have a city like atmosphere, something to match the place with paved roads and fenced walls over trees.

For Freljord, it will be winter. Both sides could be the fractions fighting for power. Ashe on one side and Sejuani on the other. But the jungle, with it's hidden neutral, will be Lessandra. The minions and monsters could have marks or dress with each corresponding mark of the land. With Ice all around of course.

ManiacalSummoner

01-25-2014

You can have, for summer, Bandle City and Bilgewater theme's. Since both of these places are on the coast. I cant come up with anything here so I will skip it.

Lastly, you can have summoners as it is be a Demacia and Noxous split. Red and blue, but only during special events. Like during worlds or the first week of Lcs. With things on Valoran from Shimura desert on the bot side, and the marshes top side.

That is all I can come up with, hope you find it interesting.

Bombkirby

01-25-2014

Definitely Piltover! Then I think Demacia and Noxus deserve a map as well since they're arguably the biggest most iconic places in lore. (Demacia VS Noxus)

As people have suggested before, should the new maps be 100% just based in a single zone? Or should they be split into 2 different zones like DoTA2? 1 side Demacia and 1 side Noxus for example.

Talohmiir

01-25-2014

Definitely having some lore-based map skins would be awesome. Here are some of the ideas I would love to play in.

Noxus - Gladiator pit. It could make perfect sense since old gladiator arenas could be made into different scenes based on what type of fight it was. For example, TT or Dominion could be a chariot-style course, while SR would take the cake with spiked walls instead of trees, a river of bloodied sand, and possibly archery towers to shoot the other teams. Minions, if you skinned them as well, could be anything from animals to goblinoid creeps.

Shurima - Buried Temple. Having sand covering the ground, broken and ruined walls in place of trees. Forgotten obelisks firing magic in place of towers, and a great stream of magic cutting the area in half. Minions could be mummified, or (in case of a tear in the void in Shurima), could be lesser voidborn creatures.

Ionia - Bamboo Forest. Very green arena with bamboo instead of pine/fur trees. Bushes could possibly be changed to low-lying mists. Bases could be pagoda-esque with towers looking like samurai/monk warriors on one side, and oni on the other.

Demacia - Soldier Training Grounds. White, polished stone paths with palisades for trees. River could simply be a waterway that cuts through town bridged in mid lane. Towers would be the old Kings of Demacia, a monument of their deeds and leadership. I see the map dotted in spears jutting up from the palisades hugged by the blue and gold banners of Demacia.

Bilgewater - Dockside. Have the river be an outlet into the sea, with only wooden and rickety bridges crossing the gap. Trees, especially by the camps, could be broken-down foundations of shops or houses that have been ruined by pirate attacks or waves. The whole map would have to have a dampened feeling with rum bottles floating in river, garbage in the bushes, and maybe a few skeletons hanging from gallows intermittently spread out through the map, with only great, mounted cannons to defend each side of the river.

Piltover - Warzone. Yes, a warzone. Very urban feeling, but set during the present where Jinx continues to destroy buildings in random wanton chaos. This would explain the broken buildings and rubble that make up the jungle trees. River could be smoke-covered cobblestone. Turrets would be manned for the towers and creeps would be dressed like street-rat theives.

Freljord - Tundra Battlefield. A winter theme as there has been before, but with icy statues for towers, possibly statues of Watchers vs the Iceborn warriors of old. The trees could be topped with snow, while the other side of the river could instead be Stalagmites, or perhaps a mix of both on each side. The lanes would be covered in snow, but the center of them be dotted in patches of blood as the three tribes of the freljord continue to war over the land.

and lastly

Zuan - Hextech Factory. Set in a large factory where spinning gears that disappear through the floors replace the trees, aether or some other chemical flows for the river, and unusual plants grow in place of bushes from the chemical spill. Plasma turrets made to defend against intruders arc with electricity as they short out and fire at champions and minions (of course only the enemy side.)

I may just be an overzealous fan of Lore, more-so then themed maps, but I believe that even a short visit from each of these themes could make the Lore of LoL more than just a champ backstory that only that champ's mains read. Each idea ties in with the majority of the champs, leaving only the Void out because it could tie in with Shurima if the rumors of late have been correct. I know many long time players, and newcomers would enjoy to visit.

Decepticon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2014

a Spaced themed SR.

shadowcrusnik

01-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonimus View Post
I would love a rift that is located in the mountain peaks, up in the clouds. Mt. Targon feeling to it.
An example would be all the trees in the rift would be replaced with an open gap that looks like you will fall to you death
Each jungle would be a mountain peak with paths for the main paths, peaks for the central forest walls, and drops for the outer, with the main lanes being really big stone/wood bridges going from peaks in the corners and center to mountain bases in the normal base corners that have the same terrain layout but different art style. The "river" would be a slightly lower canyon area with the actual dragon and baron spawns being cave entrances.

IMO this is the best idea (mountain theme, not my suggestion) put forth thus far.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

01-27-2014
3 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrian View Post
Are we being for serious or for play or some combination of both?

Cause i'd love to see a just ridiculous skin for summoner's rift.

Like, you could make a giant cat be baron, and all the towers have champion's heads or some other such nonsense.

My Lead really likes the idea of making "Breakfaster's Rift" where everything is made out of pancakes eggs and bacon. I think if that idea is on the table, then anything is fair game.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

01-27-2014
4 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackbar View Post
* different biomes as they appear in League (ex. deserts of Shurima)
** With weather effects like a rainy spring or windy desert (note: im aware of some graphics issues with weather particles)
*** on that tangent differnt seasons of Summoners Rift that differentiates from the holiday versions.
* The Glade
What is "The Glade"?

Urgot my Waifu

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
What is "The Glade"?
The place Lulu was taken to in her lore....

Rivini

01-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
What is "The Glade"?
The enchanted home of the fae! It's where Pix is from!