Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maximum Jarvan

01-26-2014

Edit3: 86 upvotes thank you GD. 300k views (wow) that is flattering. I am a little disappointed with where it seems Riot wants to go with Diana but hopefully that will change. 02:00 02-04-2014

Edit2: 50+ upvotes Vesh and the Parrot. Oh GD you flatter me. Thanks for taking the time to read and contribute. Lets keep it going. 01-30-2014 17:08

Edit: If you wish to just see proposed number changes skip to page three. I have my own suggestions for an assassin kit and courtesy of Infamous Viper there is also an AP bruiser number change on page three as well. Enjoy the read and bump for Red attention.

So Diana is considered to be a balance nightmare and as of late there seems to be lots of controversy over what her playstyle should be. Well I have been playing this game for about a year now and the thing that made me decide I would give the game a try was when my friend showed me Diana. None of your champions caught my eye like she did. Her more was awesome and I thought the fact that she wa an all in killer kit wise fit her perfectly. I spectated some games where people were playing her and watching Assassin Diana wreck was so cool for the first time in my life I decided I would actually play a competitive computer game. That's right, I was a console only man before seeing Diana.

Now here is the problem though. My favorite champion and inspiration for playing this game is heavily undertuned throughout her entire kit. I am not saying she can't work. I am saying that she dies not work as well as anyone that can do what she can. Phreak suggest an initiator role but Gragas Malphite Lissandra Orianaa Vi Zac and Jarvan all bring better initiation to the party. I chose those champions as they fit into her two most popular roles of jungle and mid and can initate fights while also being safe or being more durable with a higher utility ratio. So basically she is nowhere near worth it if you want to be an initiator.

The we go over to her assassin role and we get to see that one is actually somewhat better. She can stick to target harder than Zed now with the shadow changes and have respectable damage. She can stick to targets almost aw well as Kha and a little less so when compared to Akali. She is reliant on a skillshot landing in order for her assassinations to truly be successful and to be played in an optimal fashion. I can't think of another champion that is so reliant one one ability to work besides new Ahri. Her damage ratios ultimately aren't high enough and her laning phase is kind of bad to put it bluntly before six and even at six she does not necessarily get the kill potential spike of other assassins. This makes her awkward admittedly.

This is because she has a fighter/assassin design and you guys don't like shields on assassins or burst damage on fighters. You have accidentally given her too much durabilty during the situations where she gets a full shield off which makes her feel unfair to play against even though one crit will probably eat her shield assuming she gets it off and doesn't have to use hourglass immediately or get hit with some form of CC.

Now we have two paths to go but first no matter what with Diana's current kit she needs her base attack speed buffed a bit for healthier interaction with her passive. She needs her Pale cascade hit box to be a bit larger watching your spheres tickle people and not detonate on occasion is not fun for the player nor is it practical. Not to mention sometimes it seems like her auto attacks out range her shield. Her E graphic and pull box don't seem to match up all the time during the outer ring. That may just be a hitbox to visual error though.

Now what she does not need is a Nerf to her Q. There is actually guess work involved in landing it and lowering the speed of it will force her out of lane and make the QR possible very unreliable and kill her viability altogether. It is dodge able at all elos and since it outranges her ult people can just walk away from you after landing it if they are savvy enough. Technically buffing her R to match her Q would go a decent way as far as QoL goes.

Now if in order to do a change to her that gives buffs you feel like you have to remove her flexibility as a champion then I still have suggestions for you. While assassin style would work with buffs to damage on her Q R and passive and then just better hit boxes on her W and E and the brusier style would benefit more from buffing the passive W and E but making the W scale more off of resistances or health+AP I am sure you desire less flexibility.

In my eyes she is an efficient killer who was oppressed and thus should be an assassin and not a fighter. She didn't take down the Sokari with a Sundire cape. And I think it would further show the contrast between the Solari and the Lunari if the moon lady is an assassin and the sun lady a tank. The sun warms and protects those that it watches over. The moon brings the danger of night and death with it.

However if you feel obligates to forget her to become a fighter, here is my two cents. Make her shield scale with bonus health and AP and up the base damfe on the passive so that Nashor's bruiser Diana is how people build her. Her being cleaned up could be nice. Her attack speed being higher would help. She could also get a slow on her R similar to Nocturne as that creates more utility into her dives and getting the slow on as many people as possible could lead to some changing fights and she won't just be another meat shield bruiser lime we have dominating the meta and stagnating top lane right now. But like I said it makes her too much like Leona in that they both build tanky then and they try to make the rest of the team happy. You guys didn't even give Diana friends on her page on this website ya big jerks :P

Assassin changes.
Her passive could still go by the same name but instead we could make it hithky synergisng with LichBane/ make it where you don't have to buy it. Her passive could revolve around every time she cast a spell she gets a charge of the current moonsilver blade that cleaves on next attack but give it a higher AP ratio and base as of now to buff her all ins. So her passive would be more like Lucian's or Riven's with the rework. Her Q would just have to get a damage buff on the base and ratios. Maybe buff ot up to before the second nerfs.
We wil rework her W entirely. Keeping the same theme of pale cascade we can make the balls bigger but instead have them detonate and steal movement speed from the enemy and applying the moonlight debuff. Only the activation would trigger her passive not the drtonation of the orbs. This fits in with her all in playstyle and her relentless pursuit to bring the power and glory of the moon to all. I feel like sinister steel is a good template for the size of this ability.

As for moonfall aside from the needed hit box clean up it could be left the same. Would trigger passive.

Her ultimate could be left the same except maybe give her the ability to ward hop. That might be too much though. Also being buffed to match the maximum range of her Q would be nice. I also consider not having one use consume all the moonlight debuffs that wy if you get in and your AOE from W seburds multiple targets you can reposition jn fights instead of being a sitting duck.

Overall I believe you guys have the right intentions but with so much toss up on Diana and the live and hate some of the community has for her I figured would try to reach out to Riot. Some of you guys have been quite kind and given me answers I would just like to make this thread to get all the info in one place so we can see what's going on with at least some of our favorite champions. My main account is LtSmashFSP so if you look me up and look at jy Diana record you will see I can perform on her. I am jot the highest ranked player in the game by any stretch but I know the mistakes I made oast season and won't be making them this one. Expect to see improvements.

TLDR Diana could use buffs. Here we suggestions outside of just numbers. I tossed in some background info on myself and gave rework ideas oif they feel her kit has to lose certain things to to one way or the other. She shouldn't go the fighter/tank route because sun lady builds tank and they should be opposite.

Maximum Jarvan

01-26-2014

Also I am sorry about typos. I typed this novel on a smartphone and so some of them were not noticed like in the title for example.

Diamond Song

01-26-2014

heres how i feel about diana.

oh cool, they picked diana, i can play the no escape brand.

love how people talk about how greedy riot is, yet they keep releasing skins for champions nobody wants to play.

gangplank

diana

Punish This Hole

01-26-2014

Give her a passive tiimmerr

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...4219012&page=3

But on a serious note. I think she is really strong. Its just that her Lvl 6 power spike increases dramatically and riot is scared to buff her because of that

Udyr Is My Lover

01-26-2014

I lost my lane to Diana as Riven. She needs more nerfs.
~~

Maximum Jarvan

01-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyOther View Post
Give her a passive tiimmerr

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...4219012&page=3

But on a serious note. I think she is really strong. Its just that her Lvl 6 power spike increases dramatically and riot is scared to buff her because of that
Don't get me wrong if you looking my main you will see I had a seventy percent win rate on hr last season so she can be strong. Its just I notice her being weaker when I am netting some of the same success on champs I am less comfortable with. She just needs a slight damage increase in her current state and she will be perfect in my opinion and some of the QOL changes I mentioned.

Maximum Jarvan

01-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr Is My Lover View Post
I lost my lane to Diana as Riven. She needs more nerfs.
~~
maybe post nerfs you did. But if you did pre nerfs you honestly got outplayed. I have done the matchup before and her Q combo W and E all have better cooldowns that Diana so you really should not lose that matchup. Sorry man....

Also your autowttacks are way more nasty it is really amazing you lost that matchup. I honestly hope you are joking.

Udyr Is My Lover

01-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
maybe post nerfs you did. But if you did pre nerfs you honestly got outplayed. I have done the matchup before and her Q combo W and E all have better cooldowns that Diana so you really should not lose that matchup. Sorry man....
It's-It's not like I'm bad or anything.. baka!
~~

Coocookachu

01-26-2014

Idk... Ive been watching nightblue play Diana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zng4RTY7Gt0

2 days ago lol

Aggression

01-26-2014

stop making these threads the only riot feedback we got was morello saying "maybe I should reduce the speed of her Q to provide counterplay"