From this moment on I dodge all ranked games with duo turds in it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hivenst1

01-25-2014

personally find nothing about Morello "annoying" persay, the guy's just trying to do his job. What people dont grasp is that his ideas and changes he tries to push are not 100% of what happens. His team still has to review his proposals and choose what would bring the most value in the changes. He's not a dictator, merely a steering wheel.

colossusx1

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
In some elo combinations, the duo can cause unexpected ordering behavior in terms of where they end up. It's a bug -- we will fix it. We don't like the idea that being duo would cause you to be more or less likely to end up in a particular slot on champ select.
to be clear, is what you are saying is that duo q will no longer guarantee that one of the two will be last pick, with the other being fourth pick if they are within a division?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

01-25-2014
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossusx1 View Post
to be clear, is what you are saying is that duo q will no longer guarantee that one of the two will be last pick, with the other being fourth pick if they are within a division?
Our intention is to ensure it's random. I dont know when this fix will be completed, but I know it's something we want to do and that some work has been done on.

bunies

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivenst1 View Post
I personally find nothing about morello "anoying" the guys just trying to do his job What people dont grasp is his ideas and push to change stuff are not the 100% say all and do all his team still has to review it and choose what would bring value in the changes. Hes not a dictator but merely a steering wheel.
yes he has done a great job steering this ship steight into an iceburg just like the titanic, another extemely popular yet ****ty build thing in this world

JabbaClown

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunies View Post
yes he has done a great job steering this ship steight into an iceburg just like the titanic, another extemely popular yet ****ty build thing in this world
how so?

Daen

01-25-2014

Quote:
Our intention is to ensure it's random. I dont know when this fix will be completed, but I know it's something we want to do and that some work has been done on.
This is great to see. Duos are the object of a lot of negativity, though not necessarily in a valid sense. The more 'fair' and well-structured Champion Select is, the better the atmosphere should be.

GhostStalker

01-26-2014

Quote:
Why can't Solo Queue just be a true solo queue?

Have a Group Queue where it's groups of 2 3 or 5 players for group queue.

The logic is pretty sound. Putting Duo's with a solo queue game will give them an edge because they have better teamwork for the most part.

bunies

01-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaClown View Post
how so?
well similar to the titanic Leauge of Legends is on a ****ty foundation and is bound to sink. Frankly i am amazed it still hasnt. All that is really needed is a game with high performance, good balance, good lore design ect. like dota, while having graphics style and ecelence, fan service and funnes factor of league. ( realisticaly dota 2 could have been a real threat to league if it did not use god awfull graphics )

Note Heroes of the Storm will not do it, the simple fact is HotS is a brawler and not a moba, and wont really do much damage to league similar to how alot of quality brawlers on wc3 dint budge dota.

AwesomeChad

01-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadyTheYeti View Post
Anyone else get the same bs in ranked with the duo-trash?
It's always first and last pick, they call their roles, say they are duo's
say they just went "26-1-18 last game, check my lolking"

I tell them all duos that ive ever experienced have lost.
They try to tell me how they will prove me wrong,
they feed, fail, surrender, and blame other teammates after the game and usually call for "reports"

I swear on the summoners code that from this day on I will dodge every single game with duo-trash in it. Whether I'm in promo or not. I'm done with them forever.
so someone could lie to you in champion select and say that they're "duo-ing" and you'd dodge the game immediately?

AwesomeChad

01-26-2014

Quote:
please do fix this as it is definitely causing discrepancies in match making.