"vi ult has no counterplay"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnknownRandom

01-25-2014

Ask your support to please get the Mikaels crucible.

you're welcome for the answer

Zileas

VP of Game Design

01-25-2014
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKillerAngel View Post
Zileas, I remember you from the days of WarCraft 3 when you went by the name TCadwell on the BattleNet forums.
I did! Great times of my life.. but 80 hour weeks for War3 expansion for 3-4 months, then again for WoW for like 5 or 6 were crazy, but were what it took to ship those games... Still, was a fantastic experience to be able to work on both of those games at such a key moment in Blizzard's ascendancy. Lots of great friends from that era too.

Super Explosion

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
at such a key moment in Blizzard's ascendancy
Speaking of: do you have a comment on this post of Morello's? http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...09164#44409164

And further, do you believe WoW would have been as successful if the Hunter had been the primary (and largely exclusive) sustained DPS class in the game?

Level 9 Zubat

01-25-2014

Great to see you posting again Zileas, I was afraid you had left us for the great beyond.

OMG halp meh plz

01-25-2014

Quote:
I did! Great times of my life.. but 80 hour weeks for War3 expansion for 3-4 months, then again for WoW for like 5 or 6 were crazy... Still, was a fantastic experience to be able to work on both of those games at such a key moment in Blizzard's ascendancy. Lots of great friends from that era too.

YOU were TCadwell?

I should have berated you along with BWhittle and that other guy. The matchmaking system you guys introduced in x.15 was garbage, and the game balance became garbage as well.

TheKillerAngel

01-25-2014

Quote:
I did! Great times of my life.. but 80 hour weeks for War3 expansion for 3-4 months, then again for WoW for like 5 or 6 were crazy... Still, was a fantastic experience to be able to work on both of those games at such a key moment in Blizzard's ascendancy. Lots of great friends from that era too.
That sounds like tough work. Glad to see everything is working out well @ Riot.

Ololoshev

01-25-2014

Quote:
Great question. The reason is that the character needs to be considered in terms of total counterplay and gameplay, and sometimes reliable tools are needed to accomplish those goals. Throwing strong reliable CC on an ult can be done, but carries risk. In Vi's case, the ult has high synergy with everything else she is doing, so the overall counterplay issue is heightened. I think that's why this is a big discussion item.

For what it's worth, I don't have an opinion on her overall power level or that sort of thing.
So what you're saying is "having innate synergy in champion kit is bad, espetially if this champion can kill people", Leona has great synergy inside her kit, her ultimate has great range, easy to hit, and is on low cooldown. Yet you don't nerf her for being too synergistic with herself. For some reason you slowly nerf each and every champion so even champs which were nerfed for the "low counterplay" reason are now back in game(see all those Le Blanc and pantheon picks?). You nerf Evelynn and Rengar because they are "antifun" yet Teemo, arguably the most frustrating champion to play against, didn't get a single tweak to make him more fun to play against. Top lane has been dominated by manaless champions ever since because there is no such thing as usefull mana item for bruisers, and when there was tear bith it and champions who used it got nerfed quickly.

Trolololo02

01-25-2014

the moment this thread makes me think on how the OP is so stupid to complaing about A ****ING UNTARGETABLE DOUBLE EDGE 1 ****ING TARGET SKILL.

Diamond Song

01-25-2014

better bann vi.

Oaklen

01-25-2014

Quote:
Zileas do you have thoughts on how Rammus is now? I can't seem to play my ramram anymore without feeling like my character is outclassed by Blind Monk, Spiderwomen, and Fathands.