@ricklessabandon Miss Fortune PBE changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HXiCeX41No

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXiCeX41No View Post
Her ult will do more damage, Since it adds "Passive's damage changed to 6% AD per stack (from 4/6/8/10/12 damage per stack" so thats 36% AD by the 5th Wave and it does Mixed damage
30% AD* dunno what im smoking hahaha

Sinspurch

01-25-2014

so you change her W to AD dmg but not to the Make it Rain? BUllets are suppose to deal AD are they not? Isnt that why Graves, Jinx, Cait, Twitch, Tristana, Quinn, Corki, and Vayne use BULLETS because they ya know, deal AD dmg?

Mecca

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXiCeX41No View Post
Her ult will do more damage, Since it adds "Passive's damage changed to 6% AD per stack (from 4/6/8/10/12 damage per stack" so thats 36% AD by the 5th Wave and it does Mixed damage
The only gripe about mixed damage I have is that the magic damage can get watered down quite a bit when people build MR. This was a bit of an issue when her ult did magic damage. You mid lane gets fed, enemy team builds MR, and as the ADC, your damage suffers.

I feel like I would get a bit more excited about mixed damage if there were more choices for hybrid champions, especially in the realm of penetration (yes, penetration).

Kokusho

01-25-2014

I have played MF since her first free week. She was the second champion I bought and I main her. I experienced all the highs with her release and all the lows after having her nerfed 4 patches a row but I still didn't stop playing her. Having said that, I say just rework her into a hypercarry. She is the only adc in the game that has average range and no combat mobility or self peeling. Because of that I feel that she does need to do more DPS late game than Trist or Vayne who have self peeling, mobility and strong steroids. She needs to be something else besides an ultimate bot. She's called a bounty hunter but there isn't a single skill that goes along with it.

Midway though Season 3 I felt as If I was put into a position to get BotR, Mallet and take Exhaust on her just because there was so much high mobility champions being played and still are that can dive MF so easily. There is seriously something wrong if I have to take BotR, Mallet and Exhaust just to survive if that Vi or Khazix dive me. The game has changed a lot since she came out. There is a ridiculous amount of mobility creep.

Back when she came out only Amumu, Akali, Corki, Gragas, Ezreal, Jax, Kassadin, Katarina, Kennen, Malphite, Pantheon, Shaco, Shen, Tristana, Trynd, Xin, Warwick and Yi had a gap closer so she was a lot more viable because she could fit into any team, there wasn't as much CC attached to the person with a gapcloser and didn't a team comp that could peel extremely good. Since then we have gotten Aatrox, Ahri, Diana, Elise, Fiora, Fizz, Graves, Hecarim, Irelia, Jarvan, Jayce, Kha'Zix, Leblanc, Lee Sin, Leona, Lissandra, Lucian, Maokai, Nautilis, Nocturne, Renekton, Rengar, Riven, Sejuani, Talon, Vayne, Vi, Wukong, Yasuo, Zac, Zed. That's nearly twice as many champions with a gap closer and way more cc effects. What is someone with no combat mobility with average range and no way to peel supposed to do against that ?

HXiCeX41No

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The only gripe about mixed damage I have is that the magic damage can get watered down quite a bit when people build MR. This was a bit of an issue when her ult did magic damage. You mid lane gets fed, enemy team builds MR, and as the ADC, your damage suffers.

I feel like I would get a bit more excited about mixed damage if there were more choices for hybrid champions, especially in the realm of penetration (yes, penetration).
Yeah theres positives and negatives. Im assuming though the stacks scale of 6% AD but are magic damage, they could be physical damage? We'll have to see

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2014

Does impure shots apply on turrets? It really should.
Also, does it function like Jinx's q stacks? I feel like MF should be a threat if left alone in lane, not worse at pushing turrets than Lucian, who is hyper mobile.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-25-2014
4 of 6 Riot Posts

okay, looking through the comments i'll take a quick stab at answering some general questions for now. further discussion (at least on my part) will take place on the pbe forums once the changes are actually on the pbe. :3

Quote:
why isn't double up just an attack reset + on-hit effect?
the differences are kind of minor, but i like the current model since it allows for us to make an updated texture for the range indicator and i'd like to look into getting a custom one made for double up that better shows the bounce mechanics. aside from that though, it could go either way. in cases like that it's usually better to opt out of change.

Quote:
will impure shots deal physical damage, or magic damage? if magic damage, why?
it will still deal magic damage, as on live. the reason it's still magic is because changing it to physical would be fairly significant and require further changes. also, this bonus damage isn't meant to crit or life steal, and keeping it as magic makes it a lot more clear that it won't do either. the long and short of it is that it doesn't seem necessary, and the gains themselves are questionable without getting into a cost:benefit discussion.

Quote:
will impure shots keep its ap ratio as well?
nope. if you're interested in the 'ap miss fortune' play patterns, you'll have to get your fix from ad + cdr itemization, though admittedly you'll have to focus more on double up bounces and make it rain will not scale.

Quote:
will strut be getting any changes?
it's not a priority at this time, but it's possible. i'm more interested in getting her core abilities in a better spot first, and then seeing if her passive needs changes to align better with the rest of her kit.

Quote:
will make it rain be getting any changes?
it's in the same spot as strut (see above). it's already a pretty powerful spell (which should totally be learned before 6 and not after 12 as some people have been claiming to do) but that doesn't mean it wouldn't benefit from a bit of retooling after the rest of her kit is updated and locked in.

Quote:
why did you nerf her ult?
her ult should be relatively the same strength, but scale better into high damage builds and have a stronger followup from miss fortune. when using bullet time to apply impure shots to targets with zero stacks, you end up doing 180% total ad (as magic damage) that wasn't there before so she lost a little bit of base/scaling to balance that out.

DarthFury

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2014

If you don't change strut to something completely different. Can we get a QoL/minibuff to strut? Can it go down the same way it builds up? I can't stand the "I took 1 hit and feel like I slammed into a brick wall I slow down so hard. Just make it so there's the five stacks going back down with like a 1 sec cooldown before damage can lower it another stack.

Gobbledy

01-25-2014

Buff to AD Miss Fortune, nerf to Mage-fortune.

Rauron

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
it's already a pretty powerful spell
Wat.