Ranked Win with score 0/103/0 ... yes...103 deaths...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fizz Carries U

01-25-2014

0 cs everygame hes not just that bad ip ban that ****

Jaawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ewok View Post
0 cs everygame hes not just that bad ip ban that ****
I know right? Like...it should be easy to tell his account needs to be banned.

Delimon

01-25-2014

103 deaths. . . I think he broke the record. . . He died more than once a minute -.-

Delimon

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaawn View Post
I think this is part of the problem...people think it's funny.
It is funny, I'd be laughing if I was on his team, probably dying of it too. Doesn't mean I'd be happy but just saying. . .

Jaawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delimon View Post
It is funny, I'd be laughing if I was on his team, probably dying of it too. Doesn't mean I'd be happy but just saying. . .
Like I told someone else, it might be funny in normal queue, or ARAM, or a custom...but not in ranked.

CoffeeDave

01-25-2014

if you look at his ranked stats, he's been doing this since season 2. I have to say, it does take some sort of skill to get that many deaths in a span of a match, with the respawn timer and all.

KawaiiObiyoSama

01-25-2014

When rammus was dying, he probably get gold for it at this point

Some English Guy

01-25-2014

I'm just amused that he won that one. His team must have been epic

Dryad Soraka

01-25-2014

wtf..

Zileas

VP of Game Design

01-25-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaawn View Post
http://imgur.com/EIydpah

Yep, tribunal is working! (sarcasm) Seriously though, why hasn't that dude been banned already? He ruined the game and wasted the time of ~90 people, just from that list of matches alone. Can't we be a liiittlllee bit more harsh when someone has 2 games back to back that are 1/47/2 and 0/40/0 ? I don't think there is a legitimate scenario where someone gets that kind of score.

With the huge number of games played, I think Riot should be at a point where they could use machine learning to automatically detect intentional feeding and ban the culprits sooner.
The system does take a little while to work -- you have to get reported, then the tribunal has to process you. I would be shocked if he didn't get banned if he did that sort of thing with any frequency. We do use some machine learning algorithms, but it's really a question of asking where we aren't catching people, and how we could do so more quickly. And of course, this stuff IS going to happen. People are going to troll. The question is -- how long do they get to troll before they are stopped, and how often is this stuff happening?

Our efforts are around making the experience as positive as possible. We've seen that banning is honestly a pretty weak hammer to make games more fun compared to encouraging people to be great teammates in the first place, and that's why we are focusing a lot right now on fostering positive teamwork (rather than writing additional optimizations on bans). But when we do think about bans, we try to focus on the cases that are both frequent and are not being caught. This is a case where we think it WOULD be caught very quickly in most cases.

Consequently, we do have world-class machine learning guys working for us...