From this moment on I dodge all ranked games with duo turds in it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bunies

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
It's actually, truly, averages out 50% chance - after we fixed a few bugs not that long ago that were making it a little more variable in some cases (still trended towards 50, but some elos were more disadvantaged or advantaged)... But some duos will perform better together than others. For example, sitting next to each other, or having roles that complement more naturally, or whatever.

That pick order bug you are referring to is a pain. I believe there are some efforts in progress to resolve that one, and we should fix it -- agree with you.

When you say all duos are terrible, it could be that you mostly notice the duos that are terrible... That's why I hate Master Yis I play with -- I only seem to notice the ones that feed and lose us the game.... funny how it works... I'm going to go find a "I always dodge Master Yi" thread and respond to that. I'm sure there's one around here somewhere.
yo zilieas as VP you ever going to do anything about the monstrosities that bruisers have been permitted to become ?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

01-25-2014
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunies View Post
yo zilieas as VP you ever going to do anything about the monstrosities that bruisers have been permitted to become ?
That particular goal has certainly occurred to me, but it's a very difficult problem and as such would take a long time to incubate to the point where it could be used in the live game.

In the short-term, I believe we will have to focus on extreme problem fighters, but it is a great place for us to make the game better.

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-25-2014

Quote:
That particular goal has certainly occurred to me, but it's a very difficult project. In the short-term, I believe we will have to focus on extreme problem fighters, but it is a great place for us to make the game better.
Hey little girl, isn't it past your bedtime? Where's your parents?

TaIont

01-25-2014

Quote:

That pick order bug you are referring to is a pain.
What exactly is this pick order bug? Would this explain why I am almost always last pick in my solo normal draft games or am I going to have to go into my 12th game in a row of being last pick?

Morgra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2014

Zileas, is Riot planing on changing how Duo Q in Solo Q works or shall it stay the same? What I mean by this, is that will there be a limit on how much the division difference is so they cannot queue up together (i.e. Bronze V queued up with a Diamond II who dominates everyone). I Duo Q a lot so I don't mind either way, but am curious.

Sorry if it isn't well written, I'm super tired and English isn't my first language.

bunies

01-25-2014

Quote:
That particular goal has certainly occurred to me, but it's a very difficult problem and as such would take a long time to incubate to the point where it could be used in the live game.

In the short-term, I believe we will have to focus on extreme problem fighters, but it is a great place for us to make the game better.
to be fair you guys could have started on it back in season 1 when Morello was still willing to admit that udyr building full tank and dealing ridiculous amounts of damages was an issue that needed to be addressed

Also additionaly its not just an issue of a few choice champions, they are kind of over the top as class of their own, which is why they dominate the jungle and top lane.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

01-25-2014
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Talon View Post
What exactly is this pick order bug? Would this explain why I am almost always last pick in my solo normal draft games or am I going to have to go into my 12th game in a row of being last pick?
In some elo combinations, the duo can cause unexpected ordering behavior in terms of where they end up. It's a bug -- we will fix it. We don't like the idea that being duo would cause you to be more or less likely to end up in a particular slot on champ select.

Crimson Mutt

01-25-2014

Quote:
In some elo combinations, the duo can cause unexpected ordering behavior in terms of where they end up. It's a bug -- we will fix it. We don't like the idea that being duo would cause you to be more or less likely to end up in a particular slot on champ select.
Why not just have it literally randomize upon entering champ select? Why is duoQ even a factor in this?

bunies

01-25-2014

Quote:
wouldn't that automatically occur if you make an mmr gap between you two large enough, meaning everyone else would automatically be place in between you two. The only counter to that would be to randomly place everyone in a slot not by any particular order which would cause extreme glorious chaos.

bunies

01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Mutt View Post
Why not just have it literally randomize upon entering champ select? Why is duoQ even a factor in this?
placement order was based on who had the highest elo, just because you know you dont want to have the risk of having the most unskiller person on team do the bans this causes alot of issues in normal draft i assure you