@Scarizard how doth I summon you.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucky Medic

01-24-2014

I kinda wish Scar was here too. Mainly cause I love playing TF more than any other champ, and with how they have been stringing nerfs I kinda want to know their stats quo on him.

Thing is, what they would nerf next kind of is a strange thing. If anything I would say, his early game is his weakest phase. Blue card isn't the big issue though. Cause he did have a bit of an unfair mana advantage, and now that it's nerfed we can't spam Q anymore. His W AP ratios MAY, and it would be a really small may, could be bumped a small bit. But other than that, he's got an AoE slow for 2.5 seconds, and a stun that can go up to 2 seconds. Without tenacity, he can burst single target, OR deal multi target with lined up Qs and red cards. Mostly if anything about the blue card would be to buff the mana to better his early game. That's a big con on nerfed TF. It's really weak opposed to others. As for his E, the cool down reduction on him made DFG nasty on him, cause with all the CDR from his E, and just a DFG, he was able to get off skills faster. I kind of like the atk speed better to proc the lich bane, and the stacked deck more anyways. Made his E more useful without having to build him a DPS build. Again, if anything, a slight tip of the scale on his AP ratios would be nice. His R is upsetting, but justified. With how low the cooldown was on it, TF was a ganking machine come late game combined with his E passive. Take teleport (Like I do), and he was the safest roamer and pusher in the game. No contest. Ult in, push like mad, tele out not after too long.

Things that I really consider would be to up his range a little bit. It's 25 off from Sivir's, making it implied that you have to either take advantage of ganks and CC, surprise them, or get more movement speed in order to chase better. I understand that he has massive CC on him for what role he is, but at the same time, his range makes him very vulnerable to everything. His three weakest areas for his kit are his health, his movement speed, and his auto attack range. As for the pick a card numbers, they make him an actual challenge to gank with. Before 8 to select and 4 to throw, it was 10 and 10 each. Ganks were so easy to set up with if they didn't flash out of range. Just hold that gold card for days. It makes setting up advantages with TF more crucial of a choice and makes it more imperative to lock that card at the right time.

But hey, everyone has his own opinions on how TF should roll. If Scar ever reads this, then I dunno what I did but cool. Other than that, I don't believe TF would be touched for the moment until something hinders his play overall.

TastyPotatoX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2014

this is depressing. I thought he would have responded by now.

TastyPotatoX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2014

b

TastyPotatoX

01-24-2014

b

TastyPotatoX

01-24-2014

b

The Ultimator

01-24-2014

Please Scarizard, give TF some love, he's one of my favorite champions...

TastyPotatoX

01-24-2014

b

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

01-24-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Apologies for the delay - i made myself the reminder before i went to sleep, then was busy all day until now. (however, bumping every hour on the hour -is- a little @_@)

So while i certainly don't disagree with the previous rounds of changes made to TF, you seem to be asserting that he's in a really weak place. We may disagree on exactly 'how weak' he is, but i'll bite and say that he certainly doesn't seem to be having a ton of fun against the lineup of current midlaners.

I'll talk with some team members and see what people think can/should be done to him. Even as-is, Twisted Fate is one of the more oppressive champions to fight when he is doing well in a game. Changes to Pick-A-Card added much more maneuverability with this (If he comes out of port with a Gold Card, avoid him for 3-4 seconds and then you can fight him vs the previous 'I lock Gold Card and can hold it for 7-9s on average) - but his strengths in this regard have not changed that much, which leads me to believe that if he truly -is- underperforming, laning phase and any shortcomings that may stem from it seem to be the cause.

I can't promise you that me visiting this thread will lead directly to Twisted Fate changes, but i can promise you i'll put some more work/analysis into what's going on there and see if something can't be done about the stages in which he is most volatile.

TastyPotatoX

01-24-2014

First of all I would like to thank you again for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
i'll bite and say that he certainly doesn't seem to be having a ton of fun against the lineup of current midlaners.
This is really what I am getting at. Twisted Fate can still roam, make cool plays, and apply global pressure, but in his current state, with the current popular mids (zed, yasuo, kassadin, ziggs, kayle, Gragas, khazix) He just can't outpush them in his current state, nor does he have the damage to trade with any of them. This makes it hard for him to do his roam thing which is why I play him and is why he is so cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
but i can promise you i'll put some more work/analysis into what's going on there and see if something can't be done about the stages in which he is most volatile.
Apologies, but what did you mean by "stages in which he is most volatile."

Anyway its great to finally get some feedback. Even if nothing happens to TF, its great to get a response. Thank you so much. Now I can stop bumping and sleep.

DefNotKessler

01-24-2014

I rarely play TF but my main concern about TF isnt balance state, but that his only real high moments are when you practically one shot someone in half a second.
He isnt exactly that interesting to play and his E is rather weak so the rest of his kit can remain strong.

My suggestion Scarizard would be to rework his E to make him more interesting to play and then adjust the rest of his kit accordingly.
I would love it if you would respond