[SUGGESTION] Easier Transition for New Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nuf4n9d3v

01-21-2014

Thanks for adding to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Actually, we do care a lot about the new player experience. There is a team dedicated to improving it!
Apologies if at any point it was implied that I thought Riot DIDN'T care about the new-player experience. If anything, I started this thread BECAUSE of Riot's apparently constant efforts to improving the overall experience of the game, for all players, as much as possible - and this, I think, could be a small piece of that if it can be accomplished at any point!

Quote:
I like your idea of having bot games start on purple side as well as blue, although I know there are a bunch of implications on the bot AI side because of how they're created. I'll mention it to the team, but can't promise that we'll have time to do it.
A mention is how things might get started so: sounds good to me! Much appreciated (^-^)

exec3

01-21-2014

So we may still have Advanced bots one day complete with enemy Jungler and bots being smart enough to take jungle and dragon/baron? Also most importantly every bot has a skin all the time. :P

Illuminati anon

01-21-2014

Quote:
Not really my specialty, but I know there are folks working on bot AI. I do not think harder custom game bots are part of the plan though. The custom bots are actually much "dumber" than the co-op vs. ai ones from what I understand because we can't be sure what combinations of human/bot players there will be.
AI bots replacing AFK players confirmed. :O

boourns

UI Designer

01-24-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuf4n9d3v View Post
Thanks for adding to this!

Apologies if at any point it was implied that I thought Riot DIDN'T care about the new-player experience. If anything, I started this thread BECAUSE of Riot's apparently constant efforts to improving the overall experience of the game, for all players, as much as possible - and this, I think, could be a small piece of that if it can be accomplished at any point!

A mention is how things might get started so: sounds good to me! Much appreciated (^-^)
No, I didn't take it that way at all. My reply was just meant to emphasize that in addition to our ongoing efforts to improve things for everyone (including new players), we have a team that cares especially much specifically about new players.