Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fulminous Edge

01-23-2014

What if Ferocity had a larger pool and could be built up with auto attacks?

FOr example;, Rengar can build up to 100 Ferocity, getting 5-10 Ferocity per Auto Attack and building 20 Ferocity per Ability used.

This could be one way of allowing rengar to start a fight with low ferocity but being able to build it up much faster while fighting, would also allow Rengar to take better advantage of the attack speed buff on his Q.

October11th

01-23-2014

@Riot Scruffy,

Please remove the 0 ferocity after 10 seconds part, that's going to limit roaming far far far too much. I dont see why it is even necessary.

Also, isnt rengar suppose to be an assasin? Why is he being reworked to be able to 'stay in fights' and deal damage over time? That's not an assasin.

alfavhunter

01-23-2014

I feel the 0 ferocity after 10 seconds is to much. How about after 10 seconds your ferocity decays at 1 per second so at 10 seconds you lost 1 at 11 you lost 2 ferocity

This gives you a clearer warning that you need I regain ferocity fast without making it a youuased by half a secon at 4 ferocity you are now at 0 ferocity

Also will E generate ferocity in cast or on hit?

Zegon

01-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by October11th View Post
@Riot Scruffy,

Please remove the 0 ferocity after 10 seconds part, that's going to limit roaming far far far too much. I dont see why it is even necessary.

Also, isnt rengar suppose to be an assasin? Why is he being reworked to be able to 'stay in fights' and deal damage over time? That's not an assasin.
I think that would disrupt the issue they're trying to fix: Rengar pops up and simply eliminates a target before any action can be taken to prevent it thanks to his stealth mechanics and speed increases. If he didn't do it before anyone could react (we've all seen the clips of ADCs/Mages/supports getting blown up by tank Rengar), the rework wouldn't have the same direction it has right now.

October11th

01-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zegon View Post
I think that would disrupt the issue they're trying to fix: Rengar pops up and simply eliminates a target before any action can be taken to prevent it thanks to his stealth mechanics and speed increases. If he didn't do it before anyone could react (we've all seen the clips of ADCs/Mages/supports getting blown up by tank Rengar), the rework wouldn't have the same direction it has right now.
You are wrong. They are reducing the burst dmg alrdy. Now all ferocity skills scales by champion level, not skill level. So it doesnt matter if you can sneak up on them anymore, cuz u wont be able to burst dmg someone to death anymore unless the opponent is terrible and just lets u kill him before he reacts anything, even with enough time frame.

October11th

01-23-2014

And to be honest, even now you cant burst someone to death that easily. You come play in Diamond and try to 'burst dmg kill' an enemy ADC. Even with 300AD, you wont be able to.

You need certain conditions for example.
1. Support doesnt peel for adc,
2. ADC gets caught alone after using his escape spell on something useless. (vayne tumbling on minion, lucian dashing on minion, cait back jumping to get into bush w/e)
3. No barrier or no flash,
4. HP below 1700 on average,
any many others.

Trust me, unless at least one of those conditions is fulfilled, you wont be able to kill any ADC in diamond, even with full dmg build+runes+masteries.

O wait..maybe in normal, or maybe in gold or below, yea, they just stand still and dont even react and die. But o wait, dont Leblanc, Akali and Khazix 'op' champs in low tiers too? They kill champs instantly. Yea.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

01-23-2014
13 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSorianXx View Post
Dear Riotscruffy,

Why does rengar get priority over Sion?
To clarify, Rengar is not getting priority over Sion right now. I am personally working on Rengar, but there are two (yes two) other designers working on Sion as we speak. Sion is a big deal for us and we really want to give him the upgrade he deserves. Rengar may release before Sion, but that is not something that we know for sure yet.

Eskimoƒo

01-23-2014

SCruffy I hope Rengar feels as fun than release Rengar, I played him both in pbe live, just about every patch he got nerfed, please don't make him feel weak I trust you guys just as I did with Kat and Yi

Swyteh

01-23-2014

Scruffy, may Rengar gets vision after hitting somebody with E? It would give the possibilty to make some great plays in the jungle by E'ing someone over a wall then jump on him with vision. It would give the skillshot E to feel like a skillshot where if you hit you get a lot out of it!

Riot pls!

Exiled Archetype

01-23-2014

Incoming, Perma ban in ranked/draft pick.