Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alfavhunter

01-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhero01 View Post
Isn't his E a bit op then?
It's now a skill **** and most likely blocked by minions

The5lacker

01-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hey Scruffy, here's a crazy idea I had, that I should probably email you about, but, let's throw caution to the wind.

[Disclaimer, this idea is half-baked and there might be a great reason to not do it]

Trinkets are about vision, right? What if instead of a ward, a scan or a clairvoyance, activating the bonetooth necklace gave you 4 seconds of the heat sensitive detection Rengar gets during his ultimate?
*Pulls off Sunglasses*

Mother of God...

xXSorianXx

01-23-2014

Dear Riotscruffy,

Why does rengar get priority over Sion?

He was an alpha-released champion

One of the originals

What in your right mind makes you feel that Sion has any reason to not be at the top or near the top(poppy/gangplank come to mind) of the rework list? Those champions are so absolutely binary its just painful to see my champion since season 1 get passed up rework after rework, being told "soon" but really, it's been two years since we've actually heard anything about Sion other than "he'll be a bruiser"

The5lacker

01-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSorianXx View Post
Dear Riotscruffy,

One of the originals

What in your right mind makes you feel that Sion has any reason to not be at the top or near the top(poppy/gangplank come to mind) of the rework list? Those champions are so absolutely binary its just painful to see my champion since season 1 get passed up rework after rework, being told "soon" but really, it's been two years since we've actually heard anything about Sion other than "he'll be a bruiser"
A. Rengar doesn't need an entire kit overhaul like Sion is getting.

B. Riot can work on multiple things at the same time.

C. Stop *****ing.

RAZERblast

01-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSorianXx View Post
Dear Riotscruffy,

One of the originals

What right do you have demanding anything from a free game? Try a new champ, get over yourself.

Enigma Requiem

01-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hey Scruffy, here's a crazy idea I had, that I should probably email you about, but, let's throw caution to the wind.

[Disclaimer, this idea is half-baked and there might be a great reason to not do it]

Trinkets are about vision, right? What if instead of a ward, a scan or a clairvoyance, activating the bonetooth necklace gave you 4 seconds of the heat sensitive detection Rengar gets during his ultimate?
That's crazy.

Just crazy enough to work. Problem as I see it is that it'd need a really short CD or else it'd be useless- its not as useful as a scanner for checking drag/baron pits, means you're auto-countered by Teemo or anyone else with stealth, and gives no long-term lane safety.

I love it, but the current issue with Teemo seems like it'd be crippling to be unable to do ANYTHING against him without using a difficult to protect Pink Ward.

BobuBobu

01-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipblade View Post
A few thoughts:
- I am okay with the 0 stacks of ferocity after 10 seconds. It gives enemies a window of opportunity and allows them to buff Rengar elsewhere.
- I actually am digging on the sound of the new ult. I'd like to see it in action, but if you can use max ferocity more than once and you get a speedboost like Jinx has AFTER the ult - it gives you some form of escape after you try to gank. I'd really like to see this make it to PBE. It could be really cool.
- Bonetooth changes sound great. Big fan of Xelnath's 4 second heat vision idea.

Reservations:
- Was hoping to see some iteration of being able to jump onto bola'd targets to give Rengar some stickiness to his targets, especially if he is losing speed on his ult to catch people.
- Really not digging on the delayed roar, but I'd like to see it in action.

The roar delay is there to make his defensive steroid last through an actual top lane fight or early jungle camp, increasing his survivability by a lot, and making glass-cannon stabbycat more viable. Also, from the sounds of it, I think empowered roar will heal twice as well, allowing for nice ult baits in fights (think darius missing execute because the second roar/heal goes off, and then you win what would be a close loss in lane)and way more sustain in the jungle, meaning more uptime and more ganks, which would give rengar stellar map control as a jungler.

As for the bola/leap, from scruffys earlier thread, it seems the snare will last longer (maybe duration will scale with champ level?) allowing you to get up close and start your burst combo, taking out an enemies ability to just "walk away" from a rengar fight like people currently can.

JarBeeKar

01-23-2014

I think the most important question is, will we be seeing a new Knifecat skin as with previous reworks? ,

iFeedFerdayz

01-23-2014

Rengar my love, i await.

Corvic Maractis

01-23-2014

@RiotScruffy @Xelnath @Scarizard

This is rather important but what will you do for The Hunt is On quest? As if Kha wins he gets a Damage increase no matter what ability he evolves. What will rengar get as if left how the mechanic works as of right now he would get a movement speed and thats about it, Is a movement speed boost worth an extra 260+ damage from kha's passive? I want to know your thoughts on this as of right now you are ignoring an aspect of the champion in a two sided fight by letting kha be better in every way after the quest.