Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

01-22-2014
12 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Yes this is our very first iteration of it as a trinket. We will probably try out giving the option for all 3 trinket active types or even making it a unique active that only Rengar has.
Hey Scruffy, here's a crazy idea I had, that I should probably email you about, but, let's throw caution to the wind.

[Disclaimer, this idea is half-baked and there might be a great reason to not do it]

Trinkets are about vision, right? What if instead of a ward, a scan or a clairvoyance, activating the bonetooth necklace gave you 4 seconds of the heat sensitive detection Rengar gets during his ultimate?

99 STR SON

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelnath View Post
hey scruffy, here's a crazy idea i had, that i should probably email you about, but, let's throw caution to the wind.

[disclaimer, this idea is half-baked and there might be a great reason to not do it]

trinkets are about vision, right? What if instead of a ward, a scan or a clairvoyance, activating the bonetooth necklace gave you 4 seconds of the heat sensitive detection rengar gets during his ultimate?
dont trust him he supports khazix, although i will say it can kinda add something decent to his kit at least.

One question, does rengar still jump while in predator mode

noomph

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hey Scruffy, here's a crazy idea I had, that I should probably email you about, but, let's throw caution to the wind.

[Disclaimer, this idea is half-baked and there might be a great reason to not do it]

Trinkets are about vision, right? What if instead of a ward, a scan or a clairvoyance, activating the bonetooth necklace gave you 4 seconds of the heat sensitive detection Rengar gets during his ultimate?
This plz.

Frayace

01-22-2014

Quote:

or maybe a lesser version, like it only showing the closest enemy champ in range?

Atyres

01-22-2014

Oh and heres a question, does Rengar still gain his vision of the map? If not, yay more nerfs to him. Cause honestly, all this looks like is nerfs and no gains. You trade in your vision and stealth speed + focus gen for what? Longer fighting ability? I thought hunters were meant to take down their prey swiftly, not fight it longer. Good Rengars were already surviving team fights, no need to make him fight longer when he was already doing his job. All this looks like is nerfs =/

javiwey

01-22-2014

Quote:

you just stole that idea from a guy a few pages before...

lol yeah downvote me for calling out xelnath.

Calderweiss

01-22-2014

Xelnath, creativity like this is why you were hired.

99 STR SON

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atyres View Post
Oh and heres a question, does Rengar still gain his vision of the map? If not, yay more nerfs to him. Cause honestly, all this looks like is nerfs and no gains. You trade in your vision and stealth speed + focus gen for what? Longer fighting ability? I thought hunters were meant to take down their prey swiftly, not fight it longer. Good Rengars were already surviving team fights, no need to make him fight longer when he was already doing his job. All this looks like is nerfs =/
Its going to come down to the values they give him lol, which honestly, hes going to need rammus-amumu like levels to not end up like a sejuani.

12fingerJIM

01-22-2014

Quote:

He's a madman!

Xohs

01-22-2014

Is W sustain is still there? Is Q still buggable?

This rework is supposed to fix issues that make Rengar difficult to balance right?