Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emTmyclipin2u

01-22-2014

Overall like the changes, seem good so far. Especially like the changes to bonetooth, however I would like for you to consider having either a sweeper version, or changing the item to sweeper entirely, as I find the sweeper trinket more useful on Rengar in almost all situations.

Questions:

How does Q scale with items? Currently using a q does a 2x ad ratio as well as the base damage. As this new Q gives a lot more advantages in terms of repeatability I'm assuming it will be the same scaling as the base ability, but in fact all of the abilities simply state that they scale with champion level, rather than stating the level and stats. I'm assuming this is just because you don't want to release numbers, but just wanted to make sure you weren't being stupid.

Does empowered Q's bonus stack with regular Q? Meaning that if I QQ, I would have double the attack speed of normal, just on 2 separate buffs?

Also side note, the ult changes are amazing. There is no longer a way to waste ult. If you just need the gap closer, you can use it for that, knowing that you still get all your stacks and staying power. In fact the early power lost due to the ferocity changes could almost be overlooked due to the fact that his 6 spike is massive. Also might have to look at the e changes, if the slow is buffed enough on it it won't matter that he can't snare.

Now comes the scary part, math. If Rengar ults with all cooldowns and full ferocity in a straight fight, he has the potential to not triple q, not quadra q, but get 7 Q's of varying power in his combo. He starts with empowered q, leaving him with 3 stacks (1). His generation kicks in giving him 2 stacks to 5 (2) he empowers again, going back to three and roars with another point (3)back up to 5. He Q's again, back to three, e's and gets the next point to 5 (4). Starts again to 3, another point from ult, second w should be going off about now, and we're at 5 again (5). Now he's starting to tire, his last point from his ult comes out, and his first base q during this entire exchange (6), and oh, it looks like we're at 5 again. Last Qfor the road (7). That is, unless his cooldowns have reset by then.

Baculus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus Maxwell View Post
I feel like Bonetooth Necklace shouldn't have been made a trinket. Previously it was an option you could choose to spend 800 gold on, knowing that you were sacrificing a slot for it, and it may not be the best item to buy if you were behind. Now that it costs literally nothing and the only real loss form it is sweeper it feels like there's no real incentive not to get it, and no real cost if you don't get any kills or assists.
There was never a time /not/ to buy bonetooth necklace. It's basically a 800 gold BF Sword that turns in to a free brutalizer after a few kills/assists, then gets more amazing.

Entezio

01-22-2014

viktor cries in the corner

alfavhunter

01-22-2014

Is E blocked by minions? And W pbaoe???

karto2287

01-22-2014

please dont kill my kitty

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

01-22-2014
10 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokujinsan View Post
The most egregious change right now in my mind is the change to his passive. I actually don't mind the decaying of his stacks of ferocity, it's the loss of the jumping from brush that really just strips away the essence of Rengar.
He is still able to leap out of brush and his ult. The changelist I posted only mentions things that have changed. I agree that if we removed his leap he wouldn't feel like Rengar anymore.

Workshop Shaco

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
He is still able to leap out of brush and his ult. The changelist I posted only mentions things that have changed. I agree that if we removed his leap he wouldn't feel like Rengar anymore.
Please take a look at this, it's not complete but just tell me if you guys can do something like this. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4217360

Swyteh

01-22-2014

Please make E reveal unit it hits! It would add so much more gameplay in the jungle where you could E someone over a wall and hop on him with your passive. Would help getting to buffs faster too!

RIOT PLEASE!

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

01-22-2014
11 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMxSharpshoot3r View Post
Please take a look at this, it's not complete but just tell me if you guys can do something like this. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4217360
That would be super cool. We haven't planned anything like that yet but I like the idea.

Galere2

01-22-2014

Anyone else just come to the realization that Rengar might lose some sustain in the jungle but now he has another way to gank without using his ult? That 1,000 range E with it's increased slow is gonna be huuuuuge!