[Guide Request] Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rydog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-09-2009

Anybody got any advice for playing the twitchy lich?

Sirot

08-09-2009

I am working on one right now.

Solus

08-09-2009

hover mouse over/ahead of enemy...NOW MASH Q! MASH IT LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Hegemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2009

I usually concentrate on going with the third ability, that does something similar to Fiddlesticks' ultimate.
So my priorities for upgrade are 4,3,1,2
I've only used 2 to escape from a team coming to gank me. I found with 3 I can take out a mob by myself easily/quickly & take down multiple champs.
Even when you die (if you still have mana) you can still use 3. A lot of people I play, don't seem to realize I keep hurting them til it's too late.
Lay waste requires a bit of forethought, since it has narrow range and delay. I tend to only spam it when I'm dead or they are extremely close to death.
Oh, and you might want to wait until you're Totally safe or dead before using his ultimate. If you're dead you can do it, but dying while doing it stops it.

Koslomac

08-10-2009

I level his thrid and first ability the most. As for items I get mejai's, sorc boots and rod of ages after that. Then another rod of ages and arcahngel's after that.
But I notice that karthus isn't really powerful late game as much as he is early and mid game. Most people have lots of Hp now so your 3rd spell is tickling them and the first one, well, you'll have to beat on the button like mad to do damage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hegemon

08-10-2009

You're right. Late Game he's pretty bad at pvp, but he's a good pusher still.

RelentlessSA

08-10-2009

There's a few tricks to lich. First, once you get to level 4 of his Q spell, 3 hits will take out the 3 back minions, costing you 150 mana, and regaining you 165 mana, net 15 gain. Do this ALL THE TIME.

Also, if you want to make him useful late game, pick up Warmog's Armor as your first or second major item. By late game you'll be running around with 4.5k health, and can just stand in the middle of them and laugh as they try to kill you, and you spam spells left and right.

Cheese

08-11-2009

MY GUIDE!

1. get level 1 lay waste
2. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQ
3. get level 1 defile
4. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQEQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQ
5. get level 2 lay waste
6. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
7. get level 1 wall
8. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQWEQQQQQQQQQEQQ
9. repeat

ketchup

08-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
MY GUIDE!

1. get level 1 lay waste
2. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQ
3. get level 1 defile
4. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQEQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQ
5. get level 2 lay waste
6. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
7. get level 1 wall
8. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQWEQQQQQQQQQEQQ
9. repeat

This works. I know because I've done it. Add a wall or two and then run around with AOE on. Winnar is you. And oh yea, please ult whenever possible to steal kills. gg thanks