Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smoke DZA

01-22-2014

Couple of questions:

1. What is rengar's role supposed to be now?
2. Why exactly can this not be on the pbe? How are we supposed to give proper feedback? (No disrespect, just curious.)
3. He seems significantly weaker.

halp

Ashidesu

01-22-2014

I don't like the Bonetooth changes. Kha gets another evolution while you get permanent movement speed buffs...

Ryne1995

01-22-2014

I'm not really a huge fan of Rengar losing ferocity over time and his ult not gaining ferocity while he is invisible. What makes Rengar so much fun is that he can come out of nowhere and melt a squishy champ so quick if you build damage but at the same time you can't just ult into a team fight and expect not to get killed due to him being squishy. While I understand wanting to make him better for going top, focusing on him doing sustained damage instead of burst is taking away what makes him such a great and fun assassin if you take him in the jungle. Again we won't know how this works out until we play him but it just sounds like he wont be much of an assassin anymore.

Luninareph

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
W
-3 Seconds after the initial roar, Rengar roars again for PBAOE damage and builds another Ferocity
-Ferocity W scales on champion level instead of spell level
I might be alone on this, but I kind of think having Rengar roar twice is a little silly-feeling. "I AM SO FIERCE THAT I ROAR, NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE!!!" It comes off as kind of comedic rather than ferocious. Would it be possible for Rengar to do something like... focus energy after his roar that 3 seconds later explodes out from him in another AOE blast? It could still look identical to the roar explosion, just have a different sound effect.

There's a practical reason for this, too: if both of Rengar's explosions have the same roaring sound, then Rengar could enter a teamfight with his second roar primed, and when it goes off, opponents wouldn't know whether it was his first roar and they need to watch out for the second one, or whether it's his second roar and they're safe now. Whereas if the first blast is a roar and the second blast is an explosion, it's clear which one just occurred and you know what you're dealing with from then on.

Just a suggestion.

Argentan

01-22-2014

This might be a bit off-topic, but I really like what you're doing with Bonetooth Necklace by making it a trinket. Is there any possibility of seeing a change like this for Viktor's Hex Core?

Izzabelle

01-22-2014

so excited for this

Magister Ragun

01-22-2014

Wait, so if bone-tooth takes a trinket slot, will provide trinket functionality, and will have a non trinket version for other modes..

Why isn't it just passive? why is it an item at all?

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

01-22-2014
8 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliptical Logic View Post
So I have one question dealing with the Bonetooth Necklace changes below. Since your making it a trinket that provides a ward have you considered any variation which would give players the option between type of ward or scanner sweeper? Just curious considering that needing a scanner could prevent players from picking up this cool reworked item. O yeah the Rengar changes sound pretty cool to me might be even more fun now!
Yes this is our very first iteration of it as a trinket. We will probably try out giving the option for all 3 trinket active types or even making it a unique active that only Rengar has.

I Am Tolan

01-22-2014

no

LeBonkers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2014

First, Rengar's unique item has the option of not being bought at all to not waste a slot...Viktor has no such option. Now? Rengar's unique item is a trinket. Viktor is crying in the corner, Rito.

Edit: So, why not bake the AP/lvl into Viktor's passive, remove the additional stats provided by the upgraded item, and move it to being a trinket with the only bonuses being the "interesting" effects?