Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaosos

01-22-2014

Could you please explain how the ferocity gain post ult works? Is it a constant +1 ferocity per .75s for 5s after ult with a solid speed boost, that you can just keep pulling from?

Regnarek

01-22-2014

Please thoroughly read "my opinion" about this Rengar rework,

Now, I play Rengar quite frequently, one of my favorite champs ever. So I really have a good feel on everything that happens, and the situations I get into while playing him.
One of the main things is the "Passive" rework, please remember this is just my opinion on a champ I play a lot, but the loss of ferocity stacks after 10 seconds is very useless. There has been many situations I get a full ferocity bar after leaving lane, so I can be more useful when I gank a friendly or a team fight starts. I find myself many times playing Rengar like the assassin he is, I wait for the enemy to get near a bush, with my full ferocity, and try to get an easy and unexpected kill. But if I find that my target goes another way or takes longer than expected, that 10 seconds nerf is quite a problem for me, and I might find myself losing stacks on the Bonetooth necklace.
Lastly, another thing I am worried about is his "Ultimate" rework. The movement speed nerf during the use of his ultimate is killer, many times I have been caught off guard, but fortunately and unfortunately, I have and haven't been able to get away. The speed buff during his ult is very useful, and using it to get into the team fight and either making or breaking the game. But on the other hand, when Rengar uses his ultimate, and people are attacking him, he can be seen long enough for him to easily die, that's where the speed buff is also very needed. And if his movement speed and ferocity is gained after he uses his ult, then what's the point? If Rengar's ult goes on cool down, and he starts gaining movement and ferocity, whats the point of jumping out of brush? Rengar needs that element of surprise, and to be able to get movement and ferocity gain while stealth and being able to leap to surprise the enemy when they least expect it. But if he gains movement and ferocity after his ult, then the his "leap" should be removed from his ult, because he will be useless.
But that is just my thoughts, Thank you very much for reading! I enjoy playing LoL and Rengar no matter what happens!

Girofalcon

01-22-2014

Do the numbers tend towards AP, AD, or Tankgar? I personally believe all 3 should be viable, but it's under your discretion (Scruffy) to

1) enable the AP itemization through W
2) grant a useful AD ratio on Q
3) restore the heal on W (as opposed to the numbers last patch changed)

Thanks for all the work you've done; I will miss the old rengar but I can be resigned in coming to terms that this has to happen!

Steamcario

01-22-2014

I think this is going to make rengar's lane phase completely binary since he's more or less forced to fight all the time in lengthy engages. certain champs will NOT be able to deal with him and likewise if he's losing there'll be like nothing he can do to turn things around. :/

I really liked the rework where it was left off before, but I'm really really not a fan of ferocity fading off (absolutely guts jungle rengar since he can't have empowered E when he ganks) and W damage being delayed like that, it seems like an entirely surgical change to encourage lane rengar to max Q, which is an insanely binary playstyle.

MP44 Rommel

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
He can leap from stealth just like current Rengar.
So you have fixed none of his kit that is actually deemed toxic by the playerbase

and you improve the concept of ranged resourceless harass without learning any lessons of resourceless designs in the past

And of course people who have no knowledge of anything circlejerk you with upvotes

that's it. I'm ****ing done with this game.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

01-22-2014
7 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosos View Post
Could you please explain how the ferocity gain post ult works? Is it a constant +1 ferocity per .75s for 5s after ult with a solid speed boost, that you can just keep pulling from?
Right, its the same as the ferocity gain that current Rengar has, but it starts after he exits stealth. The goal here is that coming out of his ult he will be in super charged fighter mode and be able to hit 5 ferocity stacks multiple times in the fight.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2014

Wasn't there a version where rengar got his improved movespeed component of the ult first, followed by the stealth? Speaking from the perspective of a squishy who hates getting jumped and oneshotted by a rengar without any chance to react, I much prefer the first option over the one currently outlined.

Woodchuckmaster

01-22-2014

Does Rengar reveal champions with the ult during stealth, during the time he gains increased speed or both?

Redeemed In Fire

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP44 Rommel View Post
So you have fixed none of his kit that is actually deemed toxic by the playerbase

and you improve the concept of ranged resourceless harass without learning any lessons of resourceless designs in the past

And of course people who have no knowledge of anything circlejerk you with upvotes

that's it. I'm ****ing done with this game.
Damn, you must be smoking something good to think that only stealth leap is what breaks rengar

Corvic Maractis

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
This would be true if we didn't change anything else. The goal here is that Rengar enters fights with 0 Ferocity, quickly builds up and then releases with a powerful finisher. This will give him a longer and more engaging fight and we will add power to him if he needs it to be balanced.
So.... he is intended to be built full tank in order to get a single empowered ability off, otherwise he is instakilled.... how was this a good change he is going to be the gimped one armed half blind version of Nocturne then.