Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

01-22-2014
5 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Player View Post
When can Rengar leap from his ult? When he's stealthed? When he's fast? Either? Neither?
He can leap from stealth just like current Rengar.

Corvic Maractis

01-22-2014

About the Fero stacks loss. So the counter to him is to walk away and lisp lazily to the side till his stacks are gone while he is chasing then reengage as his damage drops by over half?

Kevinxsenpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2014

Depending on cooldowns, you might be able to get a penta-Q off

R for 5 ferocity
Q for 3 ferocity
Q for 4 ferocity
W for 5 ferocity
Q for 3 ferocity
E for 4 ferocity
Q for 5 ferocity
Q for 3 ferocity

javiwey

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post

Bonetooth Necklace
-Now is a trinket!
-Costs 0 gold!
-Has a new active that places a temporary ward
-No longer gives AD or AD per level
-3 Trophy Bonus: Movement speed out of combat and in brush
-6 Trophy Bonus: Additional leap range
-9 Trophy Bonus: Increased Thrill of the Hunt stealth duration
-14 Trophy Bonus: Gain movement speed while stealthed in Thrill of the Hunt

-Scruffy
loving the changes, honestly after seeing skarners crappy rework, its revitalising to see rengars rework make him more interesting and push him more in the assassin direction (im looking at you significant speed buff after ult jump)

but i think removing the penetration from the trinket is really lame, it was a nice boost of damage so this is how i would do the trinket, please at least try it:

-No longer gives AD or AD per level
-3 Trophy Bonus: 10 penetration + some move sped
-6 Trophy Bonus: Additional leap range
-9 Trophy Bonus: Gain movement speed while stealthed in Thrill of the Hunt (i think this is a really cool thing,but its not as powerfull, so limiting it to 14 stacks feels like making it too exclusive, making it 14 stacks, forces the player to pick ghost, not that i would mind since i always have ghost)
-14 Trophy Bonus: increases the duration you can keep your ferocity out of combat by x secons (or something cool like that)

i also must ask, what happends to bonetooth on ARAM? since you cant have wards and such.

note: im not completely sold on losing stacks out of combat, it limits his assassination potential, which goes against the new ult changes.

edit: i must add this, please PLEASE, dont try to make him even more of a tanky dps and focus on the hunter asspecto of him, meaning make him focus more on assassination and running, instead of giving him 50mr/armor and make him rape someone and then stay to tank everything, every time you guys try to make a tanky assassin, it never ends well and ends up being nerfed and nerfed and nerfed, ultimately making them boring since they end up being just piņatas, hell if people complain about assassins that cant take damage, people will obviously complain about tanky assassins, so stick to the theme of the champion and make him a pure assassin please.

Chris Green

01-22-2014

His lategame will be broken then, essentially giving him an extra item slot.

so then what about viktor?

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

01-22-2014
6 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophirr View Post
I like the overall direction, but removing ferocity stacks after 10 seconds will hurt early ganks for Jungle Rengar (someone I had over 100 games with in s3). If Rengar can't bring the empowered E to the gank, then his pre lvl 6 ganks aren't going to be strong, which I don't think is an area of Rengar that you want to nerf. Thoughts?
This would be true if we didn't change anything else. The goal here is that Rengar enters fights with 0 Ferocity, quickly builds up and then releases with a powerful finisher. This will give him a longer and more engaging fight and we will add power to him if he needs it to be balanced.

Redeemed In Fire

01-22-2014

*resists urge to spam the same post*

I'm very concerned about super tanky builds. I want to see knifecat built with high damage focus, but I'm afraid that all people will do is just build pure tank and splitpush and heal spam. Is the opportunity cost and increased potential damage really that much higher to scare off this kind of playstyle?

Holy Malevolence

01-22-2014

Better design than he is now.
But that isn't saying much as he's presently in possession of the worst design in the game. And it'd probably take more than this to make him less horrible than Vladimir.

MLG420YOL0SWAG

01-22-2014

Honestly if you reduced the damage on his E and gave him the ability to leap to enemies that you hit with it (that are in range) he'd be the coolest champion in the game.

Drakonitus

01-22-2014

As a main top laner, and as a player who uses Rengar a lot (in my brazilian account), let me say my opinion.

Passive change: OK. Actually this will make Rengar players think more about when to use ferocity.

Q changes: for me, it's okay. Will not change the way Rengar is played.

W changes: again, it's okay.

E changes: well, a very good change. Making his E a skillshot will needs skills do root a player / slow a player, and with a great range this will be a good change for good Rengar players. I hope it become a "Olaf Q" with that almost permaslow skillshot, that will be really good.

R changes: I don't approve. If MS boost is taken, every player will use ghost summoner spell instead, almost the same thing, but this will maker Rengar weaker.

Well, I really liked the changes, except his ultimate change. I think this change will make him weaker, and you see, Rengar is above a lot of champions in top lane (Renek, Shyv, Mundo, Jax, etc) and above a lot of champions in jungle (Vi, Elise, J4, etc), and those changes can make Rengar jungler a little better but will make Rengar top weaker.

AND, I think the problem with Rengar is the burst that he can do to a APC/ADC with his ultimate. Come from behind and deal a lot of damage, almost a instakill. For me, the problem can be solved in a easy way: giving to him more DPS than burst (for example his Q duration of attack speed boost growing to 10 seconds and dealing less damage).

Also good luck with the changes, Rengar is a awesome champion o/