Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rex Draconem

01-22-2014

I am confused about one change

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
W
-3 Seconds after the initial roar, Rengar roars again for PBAOE damage and builds another Ferocity
-Ferocity W scales on champion level instead of spell level
He roars twice, cool but what does each roar do? Does each roar do the same thing (PBAOE + Ferocity Gain)? Does the first one only deal damage OR Ferocity gain and the second one does both? can you elaborate? And what is happening with the damage reduction/Armor&MR/ whatever kind of buff/debuff it is now?

im a blisy

01-22-2014

I play like 5 champs and only jungle, and Rengar is one of them. My biggest concern is this hurts Jungle Rengar significantly in that he can't come into lane with CC (the snare). And while he will build it quicker thanks to the new W, won't this make his ganks and skirmishing absolutely terrible?

Spreek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2014

these actually look really nice. good work

Felfire

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus Maxwell View Post
I feel like Bonetooth Necklace shouldn't have been made a trinket. Previously it was an option you could choose to spend 800 gold on, knowing that you were sacrificing a slot for it, and it may not be the best item to buy if you were behind. Now that it costs literally nothing and the only real loss form it is sweeper it feels like there's no real incentive not to get it, and no real cost if you don't get any kills or assists.
bonetooth is a great item to buy when behind past a certain level, due to 800 gold and it's AD/level scaling.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

01-22-2014
4 of 48 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDEIIL View Post
What was the big decision on making Bonetooth in the trinket slot?
I can shed some light on this -

Previously, BTN was having issues for a few reasons:

1. Succeeding in lane or in ganks before purchasing BTN made you feel bad about 'wasting' some stacks
2. The actual purchase of BTN was quite poor in immediate stat-gain relative to other items

Even in the first draft of the rework (with it being built out of a Hunter's Machete), it still faced some issues -AND- had to carry the burden of being Stat-efficient, Low/Mid Cost so people would buy it, and the upgrades had to feel useful (not to mention the effective gold value of whatever passives it would have) and BTN's back is starting to get a little heavy.

Add on top of that the amount of sustain that jungle items are meant to have already to compete in the new jungle/season, and that's quite a lot that BTN has to do. So, we could try to make it balanced (and no one buys it, or they do and lose gold-efficiency), or we make it fit into the game as-is (and you buy it 100% of the time for cost-efficient stats, and sometimes get premium bonuses). It was kind of messy.

Players had always been asking for a way in the previous threads/discussions for a way for Rengar to have it at level 1, which was pretty cool - we just didn't have a really good way to do it at the time. Fast-Forward to now and we have Trinkets! A free item you get at level 1 with no cost and no stats associated with it. And so, the decision was made. And after a playtest i can tell you, it feels pretty awesome

(Bonus Round - to all those worried about alternate maps, it's entirely possible for us to include a 'BTN Trinket' but let it keep none of the yellow/red/blue functionality so Knifecat gets to see the world and bring the hunt with him. Think Poro-Snax!)

Just Jangle

01-22-2014

I like the rework, but my concerns is how this gonna work in Jungle Rengar.

I mean, the rework looks good for lane, but i think u you lose some potential on the jungle.

shadowfold

01-22-2014

Maybe make upgrades for the bonetooth necklace, so we can get the trinket ward or the trinket sweeper and the upgrades to both?

JetstreamSetsuna

01-22-2014

So why isn't Viktors augment a trinket slot item too then?

I mean people didn't buy the necklace because they deemed it a wasted item slot. Theres no choice with viktor..Why not just make it a trinket slot item and balance him accordingly? I don't think its fair that the Rengar only item no longer takes up an item slot but the viktor item takes up a slot

Fateborn

01-22-2014

What happen when Rengar is randomed in ARAM?
I means, since the trinket is pretty much poro treat, what will happen to BTN?

MP44 Rommel

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinnerMagnius View Post
The point is they can still be blocked, and Kennen does indeed do damage just not as much as Rengar.

Stop being so emotional and sounding so angry, you sound like your average ranked game troll.

1. Barely matters if he's just using Q to poke, I assume we're talking about the lane phase here.

2. Now? None, absolutely none I agree. After this remake if it ships like this? Might be creeps in the way and he might miss/waste his only CC leaving him vulnerable.

3. Kat?

4. See point 2. Might miss and waste a valuable skill, might get blocked. Do you use it for CS when getting denied or use it to try harass back. Plenty of thinking points there if you look beyond the resourceless nature.
start your "counter arguement" with a personal attack no problem goldielocks

it's clear you have zero knowledge of game design when you advocate for any type of resourceless ranged abilities.

"using it for CSing or harass" desicion making applies to every ability in the game, congragulations. A resourceless ability simply means the choice is less prevalent

Also excusing one bad design by throwing Kat in the picture proves zero points and is not an arguement. It's like a Riven player crying and defending their resourceless champion by saying "but but renekton is more OP!"