Rengar Rework Strikes Back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KHDragonn

01-22-2014

Does changing rengar's bonetooth mean we could potentially see Viktors passive move to a trinket?

Vyrolf

01-22-2014

Will the Bonetooth trinket become Kha'zix's head still? Also, how long is the temporary ward cooldown/duration? Can it be upgraded to place Vision wards?

Zelossage

01-22-2014

is the trinket idea a thing you guys are looking into for Viktor as well?

Brem

01-22-2014

any chance viktor could get same change with his augments?

LucifronSun

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Scruffy is the janitor of my heart.

I love these changes!
Probably not the place to ask, but could you tell us if vlad is up for a rework or something of the sort? Alot of vlad players, myself included, aren't happy with the way he is right now.

Please riot gods?

SinnerMagnius

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demacian Dunk View Post
Because Kennen needs items to deal damage while rengar doesn't. And Energy is still a resource.

The point is they can still be blocked, and Kennen does indeed do damage just not as much as Rengar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP44 Rommel View Post
1Kenenen uses Energy, which is one step above trash resourceless "Game design"

2What choice is there for Rengar to not spam his shot each time its off cooldown?

3You throw something for NO cost. That is fundementally stupid and broken

4RANGED damage ability for NO cost. Just spam it each time it's off cooldown because there is no CHOICE
Stop being so emotional and sounding so angry, you sound like your average ranked game troll.

1. Barely matters if he's just using Q to poke, I assume we're talking about the lane phase here.

2. Now? None, absolutely none I agree. After this remake if it ships like this? Might be creeps in the way and he might miss/waste his only CC leaving him vulnerable.

3. Kat?

4. See point 2. Might miss and waste a valuable skill, might get blocked. Do you use it for CS when getting denied or use it to try harass back. Plenty of thinking points there if you look beyond the resourceless nature.

Ophirr

01-22-2014

I like the overall direction, but removing ferocity stacks after 10 seconds will hurt early ganks for Jungle Rengar (someone I had over 100 games with in s3). If Rengar can't bring the empowered E to the gank, then his pre lvl 6 ganks aren't going to be strong, which I don't think is an area of Rengar that you want to nerf. Thoughts?

Lasnir

01-22-2014

It all sounds cool but I don't care for the ferocity decay passive. That could take away from his gank potential especially when played as a jungler. i like to get 3 ferocity stacks or so before ganking especially pre 6 to root my opponent.

HyenaOfLeisure

01-22-2014

One idea to add a little more counter play and lane interactivity to lane-Rengar, would it be possible to move his leap to his Q from his passive, or to give it some kind of cooldown? Most lane-Gars use the brush for most of the time they are not actively stabbing things. From my experience both playing as and against him, I'd normally just jump to a low HP minion to farm, go back to my bush, jump again, go back to my bush, bola the enemy and possibly jump on them, stab a few times, and go back to my bush. He feels like a mobile-bruiser revamp of Garen almost, and there is no real cost associated with keeping himself in bushes.

This isn't always a problem, I personally choose Vladimir to counter Rengar, and can simply harass with tides of blood, but most melee champions at the very least need ward coverage in two of the three lane bushes, which eats up gold just to know when and where he can leap, let alone try to do anything about it. It also takes away from his feeling of presence in lane, and the option for a lot of champions to engage on Rengar on their own terms.

I really feel like tying the passive to some sort of cooldown, or perhaps providing specific rewards for engaging leap usage rather than just brush spam, would help to increase his over all lane interactions, and provide a more exciting experience.

ViolentlyCar

01-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Bonetooth Necklace
-Now is a trinket!
-Has a new active that places a temporary ward
Cool, but keep in mind that non-SR maps don't have wards, so we'll need a different solution for those maps.