so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am Razgriz

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattered Clock View Post
So I hear you're looking for new lore writers (via Reddit of course, but I digress), where might I apply for that as your official "Career's," page does not have anything listed yet?

I absolutely love writing short stories (and being creative in general) and feel that I would be a fantastic fit for your company. I also love to find problems rather than just waiting for them to pop up.

Would your official Linkedin group be the way to go for that or is there another avenue I should pursue?
Wait, they want new lore writers? I know you said Reddit but what thread? I'm extremely interested. I have content I could show them RIGHT now. I want this.

Zephilwroxt

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hey Zephilwroxt,

To my knowledge, Technical Game Designers have to have a solid computer science background as well as design insights. With regards to what you should study, that's something I'm not too familiar with. The best people to catch on the forums to help you with this would probably be CertainlyT, Riot Exgeniar, Xypherous, and Brackhar. Best in the sense that they're the ones I'm familiar with xD

Best of luck!

I'll look for them to get more information related to Technical Game Designer role.

I appreciate the response. Thank you Riot Chezai!
That's the reason why Riot is Amazing!

Jens DV

01-14-2014

Dear Riot Chezzai, do you handle all applications, or just for the LA office?

I'm from Europe and would love to apply for a job in the Dublin office, and was wondering if you go over those aswell, in case I would have any questions when the time comes.

Oh, and would you mind taking a look at this thread? I need your assistance with something unrelated to applications.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4188761

Kazen247

01-14-2014

Hey guys - just applied to the SENIOR ANALYST IT COMPLIANCE AND CONTROLS position. Was uploading my cover letter and something went all screwy. It accepted my resume but not the cover letter. Any way I can get some assistance? Thanks!

Mandaari

01-20-2014

How long does it typically take to hear back after applying?

ColmanTallman

01-21-2014

Riot Chezai,

Working within the video game industry has always been a dream of mine, but I'm not sure about how to get my foot in the door.

I was originally intending to apply into Riot's internship program, which I feel I could excel in. However, my extra-heavy college course load caught up with me over the summer, causing me to graduate a year early in August. Although my early graduation saved me some student loans and is a testament to my hard work through college, I'm now ineligible for the internship program and am unsure about how to go about applying to Riot.

I have a BA in Psychology and played varsity Volleyball through college (winning the national championship in 2011). I'm very passionate about video games as a whole, and Riot specifically captures my interests due to how often their design philosophies coincide with my own (for example, the slow yet unstoppable abolition of RNG from League of Legends). I think video games have the potential to be great works of art or perfectly viable competitive sports (or, of course, both) and am ultimately passionate about the advancement of video games as an entertainment medium.

Working at Riot is my dream. However, with the internship opportunity no longer available, I'm at a loss as to what I should do next. Does Riot have any entry-level positions I could apply into, without a large amount of coding knowledge? Is it possible to get my foot in the door in any way, shape or form?

Thank you for your time.

Coleman

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

01-24-2014
139 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattered Clock View Post
So I hear you're looking for new lore writers (via Reddit of course, but I digress), where might I apply for that as your official "Career's," page does not have anything listed yet?

I absolutely love writing short stories (and being creative in general) and feel that I would be a fantastic fit for your company. I also love to find problems rather than just waiting for them to pop up.

Would your official Linkedin group be the way to go for that or is there another avenue I should pursue?
Hey Shattered Clock,

If you do a quick search for 'writer' on our Careers page, you'll be able to find a few things. I believe the position of 'Writer' itself might touch on Lore and everything in between.

Best of luck!

Hey Ho Its Teemo

01-24-2014

Is there a "Play Teemo all day long" position open at Riot, because honestly? I would take less than minimum wage for that job right there, boiiiiiiiiii.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://hardhobbittobreak.com/?comic=...pic-conclusion

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

01-24-2014
140 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens DV View Post
Dear Riot Chezzai, do you handle all applications, or just for the LA office?

I'm from Europe and would love to apply for a job in the Dublin office, and was wondering if you go over those aswell, in case I would have any questions when the time comes.

Oh, and would you mind taking a look at this thread? I need your assistance with something unrelated to applications.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4188761
Hey Jens DV,

Our team in Dublin reviews the applications going into their office. We support them and help out when necessary, but they do the bulk of the work. If you have any general questions, I can definitely help you with them. You can also get much more information from our LinkedIn page.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

01-24-2014
141 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandaari View Post
How long does it typically take to hear back after applying?
Hey Mandaari,

This question, and many more, are answered on our LinkedIn page's FAQ. Definitely check that out.