Undeath, Terror and Acid Hunters: Let's talk Urgot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxSoundwavexX

01-14-2014

not to mention in my opinion hes just to hard to get, youd have to be THAT guy who can understand how complicated champs work

Ager Agemo

01-15-2014

Urgot was the second champion I bough, and I have had quite some interesting games with it, mostly on arams and custom games, so to the point:

Kit defining mechanic:
His E, regardless of the Q lockon, I have always feel like his E is his most useful and defining ability, sort of like tossing teemo mushrooms at people. but its damage is a bit underwhelming.

Playing as urgot:
Pros:
E long range means is good at punishing otherwise safe people.
Q cooldown is a good damage dealer up close (very close maybe...)
Passive makes battles against brawlers and adcs that would be otherwise be always lost winnable, they don't expect the damage reduction sometimes.

Cons:
Q range is too short and damage is not that high compared to his Autos.
W Speed reduction makes urgot feel like some sort of skarner for pursuits, but offers not much else.
R is way too situational and usually the resists mean you still explode after using it.
Autoattack damage is useless.

Playing against urgot:
never had a match against him... people don't use urgot really...

Suggestions:
My main suggestion and I think something that would be enough to make urgot good and I would love it:

W scales from AD and instead of slowing target, increases AD (not self stacking) this way he will behave more like a proper big turret slow tank, not able to pursuit people but able to blow stuff up.

Secondary suggestion
Q allow this to have a little splash area so it can be used to farm minions more efficiently, or increase the damage, alternatively to make it further poison its targets.

Tertiary suggestion
E this skill is fine but the damage is underwhelming just up it a bit.

Ultimate suggestion (this one has no priority since I only use his ulti for the resits...and the odd swap)
Either a BFG Poison Cannon (think shooting a teemo)
or
a massive buff to his damage and tanking potential (give everything on his kit poisons and you get poisoned from attacking him)
or
remove the resists and change swap for a simple pull that Is not an skill shoot with a stun after ulti.

The Reanimated

01-16-2014

Urgot is one of my all-time favorite champions, which has a lot to do with his lore, model, voice, and overall character. His kit, however, could really use some tweaking, especially his ult. He seems pretty good early game, but falls off rather hard late game, leaving his role in the scheme of things undefined and awkward. Despite this, Im really fond of how unique he is as a ranged tanky caster, which is an aspect of him Id like to see kept. One possible route to take is making health his main resource. This could aid his tanky nature while canceling his heavy mana dependency. Just an idea.

TenDz

01-19-2014

bump

TenDz

01-19-2014

bump

TenDz

01-20-2014

bump

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

01-20-2014
8 of 24 Riot Posts

Short update - done some prototyping, found some things that didn't work and a couple of things that might. Nothing definite enough to be worth talking about yet, just wanted to let you guys know this isn't forgotten about.

Dermoplasma

01-20-2014

What will be the focus of reworking him? I mean, you want to make him an ADC, bruiser, full tank...what do you want to make?

Gath Immortal

01-20-2014

I really want to see Urgot come back as a Ranged Tank, as impractical as that sounds it's one of the few avenues riot has yet to explore.

Bobomberman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2014

Just a thought of more flair to his Q, if it needs a delay maybe give it a sort of Javelin (the missile launcher, not the spear) sort of effect. Kind of like Aatrox's player model moves in his q, where it launches up and shoots at the location at high speeds. It'd add that sort of delay and "umph" his current e-q combo gives. Maybe make it too so that it's a targeted skill shot, similar to Jayce's "to the skies" allowing for the lock on feel as well, while still providing counterplay.