Won 7/10 of my Provisional matches and it put me in bronze 5... WTF

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KayTeezz

01-18-2014

That's what Rito loves doin' man.

You go 7/10, thinking "Oh boy golly gee, at least I'll be placed higher than Silver V right?"

Rito goes, "Hahahaha, nope you silly boy, 7/10? Wow, that's a positive score, tell you what, we'll place you in Bronze V because fck you that's why "

Vudz

01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansen View Post
I was B4 at the end of preseason, I've never been clamped and even if my MMR was 800 at the beginning of S4
by your logic 800+1000/2 = 900. That's 100 points HIGHER than where I started. I went 5/5 in placement matches. I was placed in B5 with 0 LP and set to 800 MMR. I know I was higher than 800 MMR at the end of preseason so explain that to me smartass.

FYI:
re·set

transitive verb \(ˌ)rē-ˈset\: to move (something) back to an original place or position
: to put (a broken bone) back in the correct position for healing
: to put (a gem) into a new piece of jewelry

re·setre·set·ting

Full Definition of RESET

: to set again or anew <reset type> <reset a diamond><reset a circuit breaker>

: to change the reading of often to zero <reset an odometer>
re·set noun
re·set·table adjective
Yea. Omit the word 'soft' before the reset.

Look up the definition of an adjective.

Leighora

01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Syndicate View Post
I don't find it funny at all I'm pissed. I'm never gonna get out of bronze
I'd like to know why most everyone on there thinks that we're all the worst players in the world in bronze and silver tiers. Sorry we haven't been playing as long as you and/or don't have the same skill level.

But I feel your pain. My first ranked reset and I dropped from Silver V to Bronze II after winning 7 of my games.....

Secret Baller

01-18-2014

Sucks man. Happened to me too. I was silver at the end of last season, went 7:3 in placement matches, and got put in Bronze 1. At least I don't have to climb out of the cesspit for too long though. The stupid thing is, one of my friends just finished his matches. I duo'd with him for his last 2. He went 5:5 and got placed in Silver 5. He was in the exact same division/tier as me at the end of last season. It makes me think it's better to duo for all of your placement matches since it will match you against more skilled opponents, thus placing you at a higher MMR when you're done. Look on the bright side though, if you carried that hard you should have a lot of fun stomping scrubs on your way back to where you were. It shouldn't take you long to get there.

Kakakarot Cake

01-18-2014

bronze life

Zydion

Associate Software Engineer

01-18-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

your MMR was likely way too low before the reset and since you couldn't drop lower than B5 you don't see the MMR decrease.

I was Diamond 4 before the reset and I only went 6-4 today in my provisional but still ended up in plat 1.

PB4UAME

01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdravko TERA View Post
Dude he was Bronze III last season, the reset would have raised his MMR meaning in placements he should be facing higher MMR players, he went 7-3 and got placed Bronze V 0LP.

Call GD retarded when you can't even look at all the information presented to you. Lol.

Except he's entirely right, and position in bronze is irrelevant to mmr.

I have a friend who was bronze V, 0 lp last season, with a 32% winrate and ~450 mmr. He gave me his account and said have fun in Elo hell.

I raised it to Bronze II within 25 games, but the mmr was still under 800.

In that circumstance, given the reset, if I went 10/0 that account would still deserve to be in bronze. Probably bronze 4-5 even.

ObamaDoCare

01-18-2014

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/37542305#profile

^He stole your luck breh

Mutagenaric

Recruiter

01-18-2014

Well, then, definitely not playing ranked for a few months, lol.

Koyane

01-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed God Mystic View Post
Are all of you in GD really this mentally slow?

"wow... what the hell is this"

"wow ranked suks"

He got placed in Bronze V because his MMR, after the soft reset, was that low even after the placement wins.

It's a mathematical equation. It's objectively impossible for there to be an error. He was placed in Bronze 5 after going 7-3 because his MMR was likely around Bronze 7.

The fact that you guys are having these reactions really proves that GD is as stupid as everyone says it is.

sorry to say this, but you're wrong, my diamond 1 friend played his promo's and won 7-3 games and got placed into gold2. something is wrong with the system because he was up for his challenger series before the reset.