Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mysnomer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2014

It warms my heart to see so many people calling Riot on the BS of supporting "niche characters" with "unique roles." What happened to Karma's uniqueness? Man, look at all that percent health damage on kits, truly a unique property that hasn't been overused at all...

Connor Davenport

01-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
I'll answer in terms of team priorities to rework not release date since everything is always subject to change.

Zilean - Room Temperature - Not in the near future, but folks want to work on him
Sion - Boiling - This is still really early on but he's the Champion the team is most excited to work on.
Urgot - Room Temperature - Will happen but not short term
Poppy - Warm - Strong desire to do this from the team but is behind Sion in priority
Mantheon - Cold - Pretty low priority for a rework, his gameplay is in a decent spot and his theme is cool.
Kassadin - Hot (Though much smaller scope than a full rework - you guys have prob already seen these changes on PBE)
Udyr - True Ice Cold - Udyr is a boss, no plans for a rework
Can anybody give details on the Sion rework? I am really, really interested. Is he gonna be AD or AP? And will he maintain his ability to lifesteal his way through a 1v3, and so on? Is he going to be more of a bruiser, tank, or a melee carry?

AkuenOCe

01-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysnomer View Post
It warms my heart to see so many people calling Riot on the BS of supporting "niche characters" with "unique roles." What happened to Karma's uniqueness? Man, look at all that percent health damage on kits, truly a unique property that hasn't been overused at all...
Karma's a dirty word bro. As soon as someone says it, the Red's get censored and are never heard from again.

Joek9100

01-17-2014

I wouldn't even mind if you stopped coming out with some champions for a while as long as you buffed/reworked champions into viability not OP ness but just viable to people play them not even like champion LCS pro play just play in ranked games even normal games. Nobody plays so many champions!

FiddIesticks Bot

01-17-2014

I need my 3 second duration Terrify back.

ForMyNextTrick

01-17-2014

Also id like to know, any thoughts on kog maw? Now dont get me wrong, kog is not one to **** around with late game, he is far from weak. But he hasnt fit into the meta since forever XD Theres just so many gap closers and in solo q its kind of hard to get your team to build around you, not to mention getting them to properly protect you.

Mysnomer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiora All Night View Post
I also sometimes wonder if you guys have any plans whatsoever for Fiora. Actually I mostly just wonder if you remember she exists, because most of the time it seems like you don't. And I'm still kinda thinking that Fiora is actually incredibly lucky to go unnoticed for so long...
I feel the same. Everytime I think about some sort of buff I wish Fiora had, I know that the cost of bringing her under the eye of Riot's rework team wouldn't be worth it. That said, I can still dream about Omnislash u_u

FunkyKong

01-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysnomer View Post
I feel the same. Everytime I think about some sort of buff I wish Fiora had, I know that the cost of bringing her under the eye of Riot's rework team wouldn't be worth it. That said, I can still dream about Omnislash u_u
There are many more that deserve a rework before Fiora's name is even mentioned. Rumble for instance. Such an outdated kit but such a great concept for a champion.

Brale Bane Power

01-18-2014

Who cares if Rumble means alot of works for a future VU. It's about time for a legendary skin or a VU. Played or not ... That champion really need one. But it seems Riot doesnt care because in three years they totally ignored him.... Even the red guy who started this thread disappeared. They ignore him or they too lazy and take the easy way with those ridiculous skins ( pool party and snowdown). Sorry Riot but you get me mad with that. And what about Urgot??? Evelynn??

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

01-18-2014
14 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
Irelia
Akali
Gangplank
Darius?
Irelia - Coldish. I think we need to spend some more time thinking about what we want bruisers to be.

Akali - Cold. I feel she's in a decent place. Her dueling potential may be too high, but in team fights enemies have tools to control her. She benefited a little from the removal of oracle's, but it's not the end of the world (note that in the Voyboy game today we saw an Akali snowball crazy out of control. Any champion is going to be a problem at 11/0)

Gangplank - Hot hot hot. RiotGMang is working on a rework that has us all very excited. He very much keeps his global cannon barrage ult and gets one very cool new ability that I don't want to spoil. GMang will talk about it when he's ready. However I still think the rework needs more treasure.

Darius - Reasonably hot. We have a rework that sort of got 90% of the way there. We want to position Darius as a teamfight time bomb (get to max stacks bleed and dunk fools). One of our brilliant interns worked on this last year and RiotScruffy finished it up. It's currently mothballed as we wait for art resources (there are other reworks that are much higher on the list in terms of art). Scruffy himself can probably talk more about this. Personally I enjoyed jungling the new Darius a LOT in our internal playtests.