Regarding the Turret changes in 4.1

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
But the entire reason they're making the change is because 2v2 bot ISN'T the meta, at least not at the higher tiers of play, which is the only place this really effects. This actually breaks the current 2 and 3 v 1 meta apart.
Yeah, but it's specifically designed so that pro players can no longer do that strategy. Like, literally the entire thing is 'pro players are playing the game in a way we don't like'.

The Lol0caust

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

This change is bad and you should feel bad.

AntiSkillshot

01-16-2014

You do know that this change says you're enforcing the meta.

UATderpyderp

01-16-2014

My main gripe with this change, is how artificial it seems. It's solely aimed at the competitive scene and it makes sense for no one else.

You guys always talk about burden of knowledge, but how is a newer player supposed to know these things?
Do you expect everyone to go into the wiki and check specifically for the part where it says that the first Top and Mid tower are more resistant than the bottom one, for seemingly no reason? These kind of fixes feel really unprofessional, honestly. They may make sense from a design standpoint, but not from a player's (Which should be your priority anyways)

Are you going to find another solution that feels more natural eventually?

Menea6587

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargCow View Post
why not make dragon weaker earlier levels, so teams who lane swap sacrifice dragon cover. specifically changing certain turrets seems unintuitive
I'm guessing that 20 block is more invisible than having to keep track of dragon earlier on from now on.

Lissandra Butt

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Yeah, but it's specifically designed so that pro players can no longer do that strategy. Like, literally the entire thing is 'pro players are playing the game in a way we don't like'.
Well I don't know about you, but it's pretty annoying watching every single game be like that.

Menea6587

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by UATderpyderp View Post
You guys always talk about burden of knowledge, but how is a newer player supposed to know these things?
Every single effect that the turret has is listed in its inventory...
You can click on the turret and see some items. Hey, I wonder what these items say? Turrets have ArPen? Oh, ok. They hit harder with each attack against champions? Huh, top and mid have 20 flat block but bot doesn't. Ok, bot should be easier to take then.

FFS All is OP

01-16-2014

I'll repost my thoughts from another thread:

Quote:
It rubs me the wrong way how they opted to tackle this if they indeed view it as a problem. I'm not a fan of them putting buffs on 2 of the 3 outer turrets.

I think they could have adjusted xp range, how xp was distributed in a duo/tri situation, gold bounty lowered on all outer turrets (shifted to the tier2 turrets), etc.

I like global changes rather than this 2/3 BS.
Additionally, if the 3-4 man dives were the problem rather than it being an xp/pushing disadvantage couldn't this be solved by having the first tower shot not take an eternity? For example I can sit in turret range for a good .5s or whatever without actually taking a turret shot. Good teams juggle that accordingly. If that would be impossible to program due to turret's low attack speed then couldn't you just halve the damage and double the AS globally?

It feels like this has been something on the radar for a while and all we get are bandaid fixes. Personally I don't view it as a problem. I view it as game evolution. If you do view it as a problem though then a global game mechanic's change is the route to go rather than 2/3. First it was the spawn time on golems which had huge effects on junglers. Then it was mr/armor to start with. Now it's this damage reduction thing. I don't think any of these are palpable answers because pros are still going to do it if the enemy laner is a weak one and doesn't flash farm as easily as their own.

ScionOfOrthanc

01-16-2014

Any news on the Viktor rework?

Leo the yordle

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
The 3-man push meta was forcing pro teams to almost always pick top laners that had sustain or were able to tank through the constant harass. They also couldn't rely on early gold in order to function. It restricted them far too much. If this meta had showed up around the time Kennen and Jayce were popular they would have been absolutely slaughtered.