Regarding the Turret changes in 4.1

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lissandra Butt

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetPP View Post
so you are enforcing meta
Competitively, isn't the fast push strategy currently the meta? :P

Aakesh

01-16-2014

is it really that hard have the tower shot faster at lower game times if people try to cheese push? (the tower over time just gos back to normal attack speed)

Greenwheel

01-16-2014

i know youre going to read this
i know you're not going to respond so i'm just going to leave this here....
Click image for larger version

Name:	ViktorSquare.png
Views:	1104
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	879070

i like the turret changes btw

MetalGearTeemu

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Upset Zombie View Post
Riot games: Enforcing the meta, one step at a time.
If people want a constantly evolving metagame with lots of pocket strategies and draft headgames they'd play dota.

People play League for 1/1/1/2, its safe... its reliable... it will never throw any scary surprises at you.

Anubis Dread

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Upset Zombie View Post
Riot games: Enforcing the meta, one step at a time.
But the entire reason they're making the change is because 2v2 bot ISN'T the meta, at least not at the higher tiers of play, which is the only place this really effects. This actually breaks the current 2 and 3 v 1 meta apart.

Menea6587

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakesh View Post
is it really that hard have the tower shot faster at lower game times if people try to cheese push? (the tower over time just gos back to normal attack speed)
That ****s up everyone's ability to last hit under the tower.
The point of 20 block was to make the change as invisible as possible to non-pro players.

2000boxes

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNsNASmurf View Post
1: YOU DUN GOOFED.

2: Why isn't it on the bot lane turret?
3: This will lead to 1-J-1-2 setups like we have, and 4v2 dives in pro play, while the toplaners are on an island.
im just gonna go with the logic that mid champs dish out high damage top champs can tank damage so thats why its top and mid but bot is just marksmen and mages which do moderate damage and most certainly can barely tank so thats the thought process im using but im only lvl 14 so what do i know?

Rockman

01-16-2014

I don't think people understand that fast pushing isn't a meta. Fast pushing has been an early strategy based around getting quick easy gold and opening up the map a TON earlier. It FORCED champions to be picked to abuse it (EX: Ranged so they can push as well). What was changing lanes to get golems became changing lanes to get a turret and thats it. It's not healthy.

An Upset Zombie

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
But the entire reason they're making the change is because 2v2 bot ISN'T the meta, at least not at the higher tiers of play, which is the only place this really effects. This actually breaks the current 2 and 3 v 1 meta apart.
There's literally no reason to send 1 person bottom any more, since pushing all other lanes are literally much harder to take.

It's enforcing the 1-1-1-2 meta completely.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

why not make dragon weaker earlier levels, so teams who lane swap sacrifice dragon cover. specifically changing certain turrets seems unintuitive