Akali Splash Art

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotSilver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Splash Artist

01-16-2014
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Hey dudes!

This is totally my bad for not jumping back on this thread when it became appropriate to do so.

The Akali splash is still being worked on. I previously had to put this splash on hold to support projects for other events and skins. Splash reworks are very much a high priority, and Akali is about to be picked back up. The team has been in the process of coming up with a plan on how we will go about prioritizing and reworking outdated splashes in the future to bring the most value players as fast as possible. We are also working to have fully dedicated artists only on reworks to make sure that they continue to happen frequently and consistently.

Dudes, I realize this was probably not the answer you guys were looking for. I will be able to provide more context as things get solidified. I am creating a thread now that I will pop into as regularly as possible to address any questions you guys may have that the splash team is ready to answer.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...4#post44480294

We will be working very hard now and in the near future to get this stuff sorted out so we can get to the new splash art that your and our favorite champions deserve.

-Silver

Kira Onime

01-16-2014

Dude.

So nice.

Rainy Avenue

01-16-2014

Alright, cool!
Hoping to see that Akali splash eventually =)

Orianna Reveck

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSilver View Post
Hey dudes!

This is totally my bad for not jumping back on this thread when it became appropriate to do so.

The Akali splash is still being worked on. I previously had to put this splash on hold to support projects for other events and skins. Splash reworks are very much a high priority, and Akali is about to be picked back up. The team has been in the process of coming up with a plan on how we will go about prioritizing and reworking outdated splashes in the future to bring the most value players as fast as possible. We are also working to have fully dedicated artists only on reworks to make sure that they continue to happen frequently and consistently.

Dudes, I realize this was probably not the answer you guys were looking for. I will be able to provide more context as things get solidified. I am creating a thread now that I will pop into as regularly as possible to address any questions you guys may have that the splash team is ready to answer.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...4#post44480294

We will be working very hard now and in the near future to get this stuff sorted out so we can get to the new splash art that your and our favorite champions deserve.

-Silver
Exciting!

NeonColorsAero

01-16-2014

Can't wait to see the new splash art!

Not4Locale

01-16-2014

Good thread necro guys.

Edit: But thank you for working on a new splash

QMONEYakaQDOLLAZ

01-16-2014

I keep hearing about things you've postponed in-order to strengthen/work on something else, but it's never really communicated to us what those things actually are. Also, I've yet to see, lately, one of these big projects come to fruition or even be mentioned. I must have heard more than 10 times in the past month by Rioters about things being postponed, cancelled, etc. in order to work on something else.

Could you at least tell us what you're prioritizing? It'd be nice to know.

Marenjii

01-16-2014

You are such an awesome dude, dude!

Leee Seeen

01-16-2014

Bump for sideboobs! And is she going to receive a texture update anytime soon .-.?

MikeyIke

01-16-2014

Hers was one of the few originals I really liked. ;; I have good memories of it from when I first started playing, same with Ahri and Ezreal. I wish they'd let us choose to use older splash arts.