Splash Discussion

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotSilver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Splash Artist

01-16-2014
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Dudes,

I want to try an experiment. It's a little tough to find and answer questions and address feedback that is scattered through numerous threads throughout the forum. I want to create a space for easier dialogue with the splash/illustration team. This shouldn't stop you guys from creating threads of your own, but rather open a more reliable pathway to the team. If you guys see threads pertaining to splash and illustration questions that haven't been answered, feel free to direct them to this thread where myself or the team will try to get in here as often as possible to address anything the team feels we're ready to talk about.

Rock on dudes!

Poli

01-16-2014

What splashes you are currently working on?

Calderweiss

01-16-2014

This is wonderful! It might take some time, but we'll notice.
I"ll keep this thread bookmarked.

If I have anything to say, maybe make a few revisions to the Dragon Blade Riven Face.

The splash is cool, but the face is a little derpy.

That being said, I really like the color scheme and the way the colors blend together. I'm a little undecided about the angle of her back relative to the weight of the sword, but I like the design overall.

exec3

01-16-2014

Any word on old splash art for skins? eg: Nidalee and Master Yi

Do you guys plan to replace the Chinese art you were putting in the game at one stage? I'm not a big fan of most of them myself, they're great fanart but they don't have that unique style of the NA art and as such clashes with it imo.

CragBlade

01-16-2014

Neat.

List of things most people in the community seem to want done:
- Nidalee's skins need updated splash arts since they are done in the really ugly old style
- Trundle's Baseball and Junkyard skins haven't been updated to reflect what his new ingame Model looks like
- Garen's ingame Model after the rework doesn't match most of his splash arts
- Some of Yi's splasharts don't match his ingame looks, most notably Assassin Yi
- I don't know if this is relevant to Splash teams, but Soraka and Twisted Fate never received updated ability icons like every other rework or VU

Mirage Night

01-16-2014

Here's one regarding Dragonblade Riven.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...gonblade+riven

Elewd

01-16-2014

why has it taken so long for the nidalee splash arts even tho we were told they were almost done on several occasions since her Visual update?

Moegrain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

PLEASE MAKE A NEW ZAC SKIN!!! Molten Zac would be rad. Every visual aspect about Jax needs some srs bsns work. But I mainly just want a new Zac skin and I might even be a bit bias seeing as I play Zac and my name is Zac. RIOT PLEASE.

Arkaia

01-16-2014

This is a really cool idea by the way.

Good on ya, Silver.

Moobeat

01-16-2014

Thanks for making this thread!

Do you have any comments on the post-VU Nidalee splash art updates? It's been over a year now!

1234511 ... 22