Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maximum Jarvan

01-16-2014

Hey Scruffy,
What are your future plans for the assassin class? It kind of feels like they are going to all have to be reworked or are all eventually just going to be nerfed out of competetitive play. I want my favorite class to be strong but every time they are they get nerfed without even breaking a fifty percent win rate. Are you allowed to talk about this at all?

Dunal

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We're working on some more Taric changes that I think you will like. A new ultimate to be more specific.
Visual update inc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added some mobility to Taric through his ultimate (mini gap-closer into the slam we see, possibly a well rewarding skill-shot) but removing/lowering some the invisible power with his auras. That's complete speculation though.

I suppose Taric's always been very up and down when it comes to balance. Lack of counterplay is one of the reasons I'm guessing.

His new passive feels very good though. Good first direction. Adding some actual gameplay to his ult should make him feel more interesting.

I expected this.

Aside from Taric though, I feel only Soraka and maybe Alistar need a rework. Other supports, Janna for instance, just need tweaks until they feel stronger. I feel the range on her passive should be tweaked for instance (800 might be a bit low).

DemiluniS

01-16-2014

how'sEve's VU going, she got a remake a very long time ago and still didn't recieve the much needed love

RavenHusky

01-16-2014

Something I'm wondering is why Sorceress Lux's splash art hasn't been updated yet despite people asking for the Chinese art for years.

denzel777x

01-16-2014

Could you tell us anything about the next Champion up for a Visual Upgrade?

X1zz3l

01-16-2014

How is the Rengar rework going? Scarizard actually promised a new discussion thread about him like 6 weeks ago - no response yet. I'm really getting annoyed by the fact that his rework was said to be here "soon" when he's apparently not even remotely close to being finished...

For reference: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...82591#43682591

zSkyrr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-16-2014

for the sake of curiosity: Miss Fortune is on plan to rework?

Uiraya

01-16-2014

Are you ever going to give Eve an ultimate ability, or are you just going to leave her in the dumpster (again)?
~Uiru

The Ultimator

01-16-2014

Thanks for starting a thread, Scruffy. I have a few questions on items I'd like to ask:

Is there any chance we can buff Tear of the Goddess right now? A lot of champions who used to use it no longer do, and just end up passing over it for other items like Rod of Ages or Ravenous Hydra.

What is the general stance on Armor Penetration and Magic Penetration right now? What's the direction you're planning on going there, if you're going to be altering anything?

And finally, what is the balance team's stance on Ravenous Hydra right now?

Dryad Soraka

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We are still in the early stages of talking about Soraka, but she is a champion that we want to address very soon. Don't expect anything in the next few patches, but we are definitely starting to work on her.
My ******** is tightening