Are you an expert with data, have game design sense and want to join Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Bad Varus

01-15-2014

The last thing players care about are more "Did you know" facts on the loading screen. Why not hire some actual employees who accomplish something productive?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-15-2014
34 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaejinTye View Post
Problem here is, there are a LOT of people who can do jobs like this. However, they don't have any credentials because they couldn't go to school, or didn't go to school for that specific area.

*Sigh*
Wish I could get hired for video-game related anything... I'd become the best at what I do.
Don't get bogged down about school or degrees. If you know how to do this stuff, apply and show us. Do a report with a cool insight, and attach it to the application.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bad Varus View Post
The last thing players care about are more "Did you know" facts on the loading screen. Why not hire some actual employees who accomplish something productive?
You should check out the player behavior conference video. I don't have the link, but I'm sure it's not too hard with google-fu. There were actually some really interesting effects from those "Did you know" tips, none of which I would have expected.

Almorada

01-15-2014

Posts like this make me feel all warm inside, how I wish I could work for such a company!
I know this is not related, but I am currently studying civil Law (business) and have a strong interest in writing. I hope I can someday integrate all of my interests and be able to work for a great gaming company.
Do you guys often hire people with such backgrounds into your legal team?

deathmage390

01-16-2014

im not done with my colledge classes yet. just wait ill eventualy apply

Maximum Jarvan

01-16-2014

Hey Lyte I know this is off topic but how does one get on the more team or become a shoutcaster? I feel that the lore of League is kind of neglected and would love to work on it. However I also love LCS and would love to get to be apart of the experience and seeing as I will probably never go pro that seems like a nice alternative. In general I love this game and would move to LA to be a janitor at Riot if it mea being a part of the experience.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-16-2014
35 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Jarvan View Post
Hey Lyte I know this is off topic but how does one get on the more team or become a shoutcaster? I feel that the lore of League is kind of neglected and would love to work on it. However I also love LCS and would love to get to be apart of the experience and seeing as I will probably never go pro that seems like a nice alternative. In general I love this game and would move to LA to be a janitor at Riot if it mea being a part of the experience.
I believe our Creative Writing team is hiring, you'd have to check the Careers page. That's the team that does work on the lore.

For shoutcasting, you'd have to apply to the relevant position in eSports.

Mjollnir

01-16-2014

Hello Lyte,

I noticed that you suggested applying as an internship. Unfortunately, I was not aware these were available and saw this post last evening. The deadline ended at January 15th (the day of posting). Is it possible to extend the deadline or submit my qualifications, personal reasons of interests in the position, and the reasons I think Riot should be interested through some other channel than the page at riotgames.com? I think I would be a great candidate and this would be a great opportunity. It is a shame to miss out!

Thanks,

MJ

Maximum Jarvan

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I believe our Creative Writing team is hiring, you'd have to check the Careers page. That's the team that does work on the lore.

For shoutcasting, you'd have to apply to the relevant position in eSports.
Thanks for the reply. You're my first red response and I have been a GD man for months now. Thank you Lyte senpai.
Edit
I am having a hard time getting to the appropriate addresses to look into what you posted. Could you possibly give me a link? I know you're busy but I am trying to di this on a smart phone and it is kind of a pain.

Venser1798

01-16-2014

I know a fair bit of python. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for me to learn other languages. Do you guys hire for summer internships?