Did they fix the Static Shiv on Yasuo??

First Riot Post
12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YGY818

Senior Member

01-15-2014

Supposedly the Shiv was doubling the chances of doing a crit.

I didn't see this in the patch notes!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kakakarot Cake

Member

01-15-2014

his passive doubles crit chance that any other champ normally would get... or do you mean the crit chance gets doubled by his passive than doubled again by the shiv, which is in total quadrupling his crit chance?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nike Mikey

Senior Member

01-15-2014

It's in there mang. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

asamu

Senior Member

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakakarot Cake View Post
his passive doubles crit chance that any other champ normally would get... or do you mean the crit chance gets doubled by his passive than doubled again by the shiv, which is in total quadrupling his crit chance?
Well... Technically, the crit chance would be increased by a % equal to your crit chance, scaling in a multiplicative manner, so if you had a 50% crit chance, you would have a ~75% crit chance with Static Shiv.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skullbeco

Senior Member

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by asamu View Post
Well... Technically, the crit chance would be increased by a % equal to your crit chance, scaling in a multiplicative manner, so if you had a 25% crit chance, you would have a ~75% crit chance with just Static Shiv.
Fixed that for you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-16-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Statikk Shiv was not changed this patch, though it likely will be soon. We did change Yasuo's Statikk Shiv crits to receive the appropriate -10% damage modifier.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JuansBoxers

Junior Member

01-16-2014

we get 2 win of the days until 1 loss. dont know how to explain in mire detail. other than 2 win of the days!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyTheFoxx

Senior Member

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Statikk Shiv was not changed this patch, though it likely will be soon. We did change Yasuo's Statikk Shiv crits to receive the appropriate -10% damage modifier.
and when you say 'change' do you mean... there's a possible nerf 'change' or different ability change? It seems like you answered his question "yes fixed the damage modifier" as well as alluded to the fact the item is going to be reworked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maximum Remilia

Member

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakakarot Cake View Post
his passive doubles crit chance that any other champ normally would get... or do you mean the crit chance gets doubled by his passive than doubled again by the shiv, which is in total quadrupling his crit chance?
his crit was "rolled" twice on shiv


if his auto attack crit, shiv crit
if his auto attack didn't crit, shiv still got to roll for a critical hit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleepy Hedgehog

Senior Member

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyTheFoxx View Post
and when you say 'change' do you mean... there's a possible nerf 'change' or different ability change? It seems like you answered his question "yes fixed the damage modifier" as well as alluded to the fact the item is going to be reworked.

I think he's saying that the changes to static shiv which made the shiv proc crit calculate separately from whether or not the auto attack which proced the shiv crits...if that makes sense. So right now, if your auto which procs the shiv crits, your shiv proc will also crit. After the change, your auto which proced the shiv being a critical strike or not does not affect the shiv proc critting, instead the shiv proc's crit is calculated after.


12