Were there supposed to be rune changes for S4?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMG halp meh plz

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
this isn't correct. source? curious to know what would lead you to believe that.

this is also not correct. we've stated before that if we decide to delete any runes, and owners of said runes would be refunded (similar to what we did with dodge runes).

Delete lifesteal quints plz

You'll thank me later.

RasCaelestis

01-15-2014

Rickless, if you're still on can you please tell us if anything is being done here?
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2428990
It's been months since Solcrushed came back, and we just want to know if there is still anything in progress. I'm starting to lose hope... Even a "We're still working on things." is better than the silence.

Edit: Sorry for not staying on the original topic, I saw a Red and got excited. I'd be perfectly fine with Runes being removed entirely. Riot's said that they don't like invisible power like TF's and Janna's old passives, but Runes are the very definition of it. You cannot tell what Runes an opponent uses during a game without using a third party site like LoLKing or LoLNexus. And as a new player with few Runes, going against someone with a full page is extremely annoying.

BaronVoNewman

01-15-2014

i dont know D:

Noraver

01-15-2014

Quote:
yes, and the plan is still to make changes. we'll talk about details (and reasons for it being a bit out of sync with the preseason) soon. i think that'll be done for 4.3 judging by the current trajectory.
It's funny because that's the nice way of saying "Four months".

thumbnail9

01-15-2014

Quote:
this isn't correct. source? curious to know what would lead you to believe that.

this is also not correct. we've stated before that if we decide to delete any runes, and owners of said runes would be refunded (similar to what we did with dodge runes).
I take it 4.3 will be around march?

A Sproutling

01-15-2014

Quote:

So regarding runes like LS Quints and stuff since I'm starting to get into the ADC role, should I go ahead a buy them or wait it out? They're pretty expensive...

BlazingSalvo

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraver View Post
It's funny because that's the nice way of saying "Four months".
Two or less. We're on 4.1 already and last season had 15 patches in one year.
Math is hard.

Logan Richardson

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingSalvo View Post
Two or less. We're on 4.1 already and last season had 15 patches in one year.
Math is hard.
Sometimes they delay patches, like they've been doing recently so it could be longer.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-15-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys P View Post
So regarding runes like LS Quints and stuff since I'm starting to get into the ADC role, should I go ahead a buy them or wait it out? They're pretty expensive...
honestly, it depends on why you currently want to unlock them. if you want to do it because you feel you have to if you want to play adc, then you might want to wait until we post more details. if you want to do it because you play champions that benefit from life steal and/or your preferred playstyle benefits from life steal (e.g., you like farming in prolonged laning phases), then you should be fine.

the tl;dr on stuff like this is that ideally specific runes shouldn't feel like they're required, so we want to take steps to alleviate that feeling where it exists.

the easiest example is armor seals—it's a very common sentiment that everyone must run tier 3 armor seals as soon as they're able to, so we're looking at options such as buffing other seals, increasing champion base armor across the board, and nerfing armor seals (or a combination of all of the above). armor seals should still feed good and useful, but it would be nice to have the option to take something else and not feel like you were throwing the game at champ select. that's pretty much all that's going on.

in any case, if you're sitting on a pile of ip, thinking about buying runes, and apprehensive about not knowing more about the changes, we'll have details out in february. apologies for not being able to go more in depth than that for now—thanks for your patience thus far.

Linna Excel

01-15-2014

Should we not even think about new runes right now?