Hey GD! I'm here till the patch drops. What's up?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

01-15-2014
50 of 103 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNimpo View Post
Just wanted to say hi Wizardcrab before I go to bed.
Hey there

Rivini

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
If I did game balance, first thing I would do is buff Crabgot by making his claw bigger. And I'd remove his weakpoint so you couldn't attack it for massive damage.
You're forgetting the woman over his shoulder. Although I don't normally play Urgot, I bought that skin because in his future VU, the woman will be there in all her tattered dress glory!

Yes, she will be there. She better be there. I hope you're reading this, IronStylus. ಠ_ಠ

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

01-15-2014
51 of 103 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShaun View Post
Do all departments of riot games require being at their office/building?

Or can I work from home? c:
You can always apply, and depending on your role, you may not have to be here all the time. I don't see why you wouldn't want to though. This place is great

Jigglypuff

Recruiter

01-15-2014

Do you know who the next champion is that's coming out? I'm asking this not for hints or to know what they do, or who it is, but I just want to know if most riot employees know who is next.

Enragednoob

01-15-2014

Oh! Oooooooh! I have a story! About what happened to me when the servers went down!

It was a cold night, and poros filled the Howling Fjord! My team was being beaten, and I was the delegated Hextech Sweeper because the enemy team had a Teemo. Basically, neither side had an ADC, and it was a big game of tug of war. The only teammate who actually had the willpower to dive them was our Sejuani. Naturally, I stood in the back while their Lissandra jumped me. Death after death it continued on. Until the "Battle for Freljord" had begun. At that point we were pushed to our towers. In seconds Sejuani raised the morale of the team, and we pushed across the map. Three of them down, Sejuani dived the nexus towers to get to Lissandra... and then the servers went down.

The suspense is killing me, but I know that all unfinished matches would end in ties...

Healyourownbum

01-15-2014

How come Riot is avoiding talking about karma all together?

Berserker

01-15-2014

Hey WizardCrab, I had a question. How much does player input go into ecommerce decisions? Like do you guys skim through forums and other feedback to make decisions / changes on they direction you've chosen to go based on what people say, or do you have other metrics like Lyte and his fancy spreadsheets? Also, how important is community reaction to the logistics of ecommerce?

Jigglypuff

Recruiter

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healyourownbum View Post
How come Riot is avoiding talking about karma all together?
I guess they don't believe in Karma, maybe they don't believe in the religion you speak of.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

01-15-2014
52 of 103 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthaven View Post
Well if it isn't my favorite magically enhanced decapod crustacean. What's the word, crabs?
Things are good. You either belong on a different server or have super weird hours, my friend.

ForumPostingAcco

01-15-2014

Can you push for changes in refund policy?

I'm sure you guys do have the stats available to see that the current system causes you to lose money when it screws over the dedicated players after a nerf, etc...

The stats are there, but no one has put together the spreadsheet to show them to the higher ups.

I'm sure there's many many cases of "player uses and/or wastes all refund tokens -> player buys skin for X champion -> player plays many many games with X champion -> X champion gets changed in a patch -> player stops playing X champion and never purchases RP again"

I know I'm not the only one