On MMR Boosting and the 2014 Season

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starrow

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesNDBananas View Post
Don't care about this thread. Everyone knows its illegal for someone other the real account owners to get on the account and play.

So stupid the ignore the real problem of huge difference in MMR when duo queuing.
it balances in between

Blunts4Brekfast

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Rhojin View Post
Selling a team is in no way shape or form allowed and carries its own form of punishment.
lololol

oh the irony.

fleshlight1

01-14-2014

"MMR boosting ruins everyone's experience"...but it's okay to make a million smurf accounts and ruin others. WildTurtle for example is taking multiple challenger spots which are limited to a ridiculously small amount, but he's okay because it's a smurf account.

ApplesNDBananas

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiDarkness View Post
it balances in between
Because Riot Match Making system is the bes.....I can't even finish this sentence without laughing over and over.

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2014

The annual "we pretend to care about this issue" post. You had a post like this last year. And just like last year, the punishment was so light and the enforcement so minimal, that this year boosting was even more prevalent.

Same old song and dance from Riot. At the end of season 4 there will be even more boosting followed by yet another "we pretend to care about this issue" post.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cyndication

01-14-2014

Quote:
The Leagues system has been carefully tuned so that players are placed in a proper tier with others at a similar skill level. Abusing the system degrades the game experience for everyone involved.

That was funny. http://prntscr.com/2jh3fh. So apart from me, noone else on my team went positive, not even close to it. Please remind me how carefully tuned that is. Similar skill level? No. Being honest, if i had the means to, and it wasn't against the rules, I would easily consider mmr boosting because I know i am not where i supposed to be but everytime i try to play ranked, this happens and i just quit trying and lose all motivation right there.

Maybe you should address your flawed system instead of calling it perfect. Maybe then when people feel their placement actually reflects their true skill level and get qued with people who have a brain, maybe then you can truly get rid of the issue.

Edbro

01-14-2014

Interesting... let's see how many more people get caught mmr boosting.

CLlNTEASTWOOD

01-14-2014

it is hard to take your stance seriously when you allow duo que in ranked play involving players from drastically different skill sets (also extremely frustrating for all those involved). until this issue is addressed i can only consider your punishments for the above-listed reasons as totally unjust. hopefully riot does something about this soon, as i am not the only person that finds this to be a problem.

Wuju Yi

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Rhojin View Post
To start, we identify MMR Boosting as an action where a third party logs into a player’s account and plays in ranked games, thereby raising the account’s MMR and rank to a level that the account owner did not earn on their own.
So this is the part that I'm curious about.
Say that I have a smurf account that is plat 5, it made it to plat 1 and fell.
Can a friend use that account (as a smurf or just to play when not wanting to lose his diamond 1) and play on it so long as it doesn't go above plat 2 and it not be considered MMR boosting but just account sharing?

Tømøya

01-14-2014

Me and my friends have filed many reports for a boosting person we know who has gone on about 10 accounts and boosted them to Gold for rewards. We were told it would be forwarded to your team. Are you guys still handling Season 3 reports for elo boosting? Would be a share if you were not.