Sooo, exactly why is Yasuo getting buffed?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gardonazorph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKT T1 S Bang View Post
probably just means you're **** at the game, typical of the riot balance monkeys
Hes not a developer.
I could probably scour the forums and find Griftrix saying at least 100 times that hes not on the development team or balance team lol.

Calderweiss

01-14-2014

Love you Griftrix

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

01-14-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Of course I get hyperbole. And yes, I'm not the best League player or Yasuo player. I'm also not a balance monkey. I am a code monkey; I still think that fair language may help people make more convincing arguments. This is, after all, a civilized forum for healthy discussion.

P.S. Love you too!

Piamette

01-14-2014

Remember guys, read the red letters underneath the picture. It helps you not look like an ass.

Panera Bread

01-14-2014

Yasuo seemed fine to me. I mean he is the Fiora 2.0

Dryad Soraka

01-14-2014

yasuo is beyond broken lol

dat overloaded kit

Crumblerumble

01-14-2014

i will say Yaosu kinda reminds me of twisted fate. A good TF can completely dominate a game and it feels like you are helpless... A mediocore or bad TF just feeds a lot, and tends to be a non factor.

TheBadness

01-14-2014

because even though he's ridiculously broken, riot hasn't seen enough sales on him yet so they make him even more broken in hopes scrubs will bandwagon on the op train, then they'll nerf him into the ground once they feel sales were high enough. But by then there'll be another champ to buff into brokeness and the cycle will continue.

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2014

Froggen on Yasuo:
"Manage to build a shiv fast and you just won your lane.
Build IE after that and its a 100% crit every attack!"

That surely needs to be buffed just a little more.
That wall is too week also, it doesnt block ziggs or zyra ult.
And zyra, she should be nerfed! way too strong a mid!!!

alpha quail

01-14-2014

I think it'll be fine, it's a buff but his snowball potential actually decreases.

If he's hyper snowballing now his damage will be down on the shiv buy and he gets nothing for it as the full passive on ult does him no good if he's killing you anyways.

The shield buff lets him survive his lane from levels 7-11 because his post6 is absolutely garbage in lane phase. Surviving this part of lane phase is something a lot of yasuo players have trouble with because he's so easy to push around during this period lots of yasuo players get lost.

It means his roam/snowball potential from shiv goes down but he has the ability to lane phase post shiv and start working on his IE without having to transition into midgame with just a shiv and trying to piece 4k gold for an IE.

Overall I'd say mid lane yasuo is a bit hurt since his roam potential goes down slightly and the shield buff doesn't do anything for him. Top yasuo I'd say benefits from the change because atm his level 6 dip is so bad that he gets bodied by any top laner easily.

It IS a buff to his lategame teamfight though so I'm not sure if that'll be a big deal or not. The shiv proc isn't worth much later and the crit chance on it is only getting dropped from 99 to 92% (assuming 1 crit rune) at endgame which really isn't much.

But then one has to consider if he's not already OP already.