Sooo, exactly why is Yasuo getting buffed?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shockforce

01-14-2014

For one, they are changing static shiv to crit more appropriately.

Cryoshell17

01-14-2014

It makes sense to be honest.

How many times have you gone in to ult when your passive has already popped? Are you going to wait around for it to build up again or are you going to leave Malphite hanging after he's ultied in? Makes that decision easier at least.

And making his combo smoother isn't a bad thing...Makes him more fun to play.

Q Ball162

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockforce View Post
For one, they are changing static shiv to crit more appropriately.

^ This will hurt him a bit (which is what was intended from release), the big reason people think he's so 'OP' is because 95% of Yasuo's rush Shiv, which allowed him to capitalize on his crit allowing him to get fed so easily.

With the decrease going on you'll see people lose interest since it will be harder to snowball with him.

MachoSaurus

01-14-2014

Like Riot even made the announcement they were buffing him, on a thread that commented on how Yasuo was at a healthy 50% winrate. In other words "balanced". So what do they do? Buff Urgot? Lol

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

01-14-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Careful with arguments like "always". My match history speaks for itself .

MachoSaurus

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
First time I have a red on my thread. It's like my first kiss all over again.

WizzadDeBz

01-14-2014

He's pretty clunky early (as far as burst). Given I have to take him top a lot because people tend to want mid so my point of comparison is trying to kill beefy opponents, I have trouble early in lane. Playing against people like Garen, Riven, Darius, etc. who do a lot more damage with a combo than I can I find that I tend to fall behind early. On the other hand, once I pick up Hydra and statik shiv I feel like Yasuo can't be stopped. He does so much damage and has some killer cc if he can land the q knockup. I think his issue is more of a weak early game into op level late game.

Once again this is based on my experiences top and mid may be quite different as he deals with squishier opponents and can block a lot of the main mids' damage through his w. In that case I can see him snowballing earlier and become unstoppable...

Cipherz

01-14-2014

Quote:
I know you aren't in charge of player balance, but surely you know that anecdotal evidence usually means very little. It's pretty clear he's making a hyperbole here.

SKT T1 S Bang

01-14-2014

Quote:
probably just means you're **** at the game, typical of the riot balance monkeys

Grunt666

01-14-2014

meanwhile yasou perma ban for the euro day lcs which is even before these improvements... so for riot successful champion = OP and perma banned, which means the million of users will buy :P