@ Morello - A plat 1 Soraka player wants to speak.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Will do - long posts are not something I can read in-depth at work as I have 2 minutes to look at the issue.

I didn't fight his idea, I provided additional thoughts - because I hadn't had a chance to review his specifics. If then, he's trying to move her away from that, then my article supports that direction, right?
Well, yes, but it sounds like you saw the title of the thread and just thought 'welp, Soraka player, let's get some pageviews!'

I understand you don't exactly have all the time in the world, but couldn't you do something like 'I am working right now but I will get to this later'? I'd like that a lot more then what you just did.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-14-2014
4 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Miku View Post
Okay screw it
Rengar came out after you made this statement, like a long time ago, that guy has LITERAL FREE SUSTAIN BURST HEALING
Now, why is it that a bruiser can have it, a somewhat selfish champion, but a support designed for HELPING OTHER PLAYERS, cannot

not only that, but lifesteal has been a huge problem over season 3, it's too strong earlygame and way too accessible
spirit visage being a problem for most of S3 on champions like Nasus and Mundo

And dont give me the "B-BUT MUH RISK OF LAST HITTING CREEPS" there is no damn risk of attacking creeps for lifesteal
honestly lifesteal needs to be halved on creeps and kept the same on champions
It's a massive problem on Rengar. In a selfish sense, at least you know every iteration of how the healing can exist - if only X can benefit from the healing, you don't have to worry about A-W _ healer, which is where the problem lies.

Sustain has a place when used effectively - the article even calls out it's only the dedicated healer problem, not the concept of heals.

Pretorix

01-14-2014

After reading your post it makes a lot of sense that she needs buffs. I feel they wouldn't go through with buffing her though unless they TF her ultimate and gave it a cast range. Global ults bring too much power to the table. Honestly though I'd be fine with that; here are my suggestions:
Passive: Salvation; Seems relatively balanced improving your healing done percentage wise. Clutch heals are larger.
Q: Starcall; Every cast of Starcall awards Soraka V/W/X/Y/Z CDR up to a cap. Deals A Damage to enemy Champions. Imbunes minion and monsters with Starlight, where by the next auto attack or Starcall deals B Bonus damage.
* Prevents her from pushing lanes meanwhile being able to poke enemy champs AND waveclear under tower if need be. Grants bonus CDR to help heal and cleanse more.
W: Astral Blessing; Could use higher AP Ratios but honestly it is in a good place.
E: Infuse; Increase the cooldown and keep the mana gains the same BUT give it a cleansing ability. Remove ONE debuff from an ally or damage and silence an enemy. Thus if your ally is ignited and exhausted it removes the newest one from the stack.
R: Wish; Due to changes to Infuse it may be necessary to remove the infinite range of this ability. In doing so you could apply a short term resistances buff or cleanse.

XxStrikerBl45txX

01-14-2014

Morello what do you think of this?
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...6#post44403096

Morello

Lead Designer

01-14-2014
5 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Well, yes, but it sounds like you saw the title of the thread and just thought 'welp, Soraka player, let's get some pageviews!'

I understand you don't exactly have all the time in the world, but couldn't you do something like 'I am working right now but I will get to this later'? I'd like that a lot more then what you just did.
That's fair - I get zealous to provide a response and often shortcut. A bad pattern of mine as it typically bites me in the ass :P

Phyrexia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2014

Fine, let's say you do get rid of all traces of heals in the game.

I would hope you would make a support champion that could fill that void. An I'm not talking about one of them half-arsed supports that you slap a shield on their kit somewhere and then just focus 95% of their power budget on damage.

I'd want one of the following for a support champion:

1)A champion whose entire schtick is that they can't deal damage. Make it part of their passive or something. Maybe allow for auto attack damage that can't be raised with AD items. But for the most part this champion has zero damage output. That solves the problem of being corrupted by people in other lanes so we don't have someone taking them top/mid/jungle and getting the champion nerfed because it was FotM.

Make the entire kit about buffs/debuffs. Since the champion can't actually kill anyone by themselves you have more than enough power budget to make this part powerful and fun.

or

2)Just give me some sort of support who doesn't have to interact with the enemy. Yes yes, I get it, it's a PvP game. There are 4 other people on my team who are eager to go pew-pew-pew and rack up kills. My lack of blood lust won't be missed. Instead give me a champion that performs at their peak without having to worry about what the enemy team is doing. And apparently as long as this champion doesn't have a heal this will be fine.

There should be more options in this game for people who don't enjoy being balls-to-the-wall aggressive but don't mind assisting other players who are. The most I want to do with an enemy player is push them away and protect my team mates. I shouldn't have to be considerate of their feelings and whether or not I'm providing them with enough fun as their opposing support.

Dryad Soraka

01-14-2014

also why is lifesteal so overpowered lol

Slovakattack

01-14-2014

Quote:
That's fair - I get zealous to provide a response and often shortcut. A bad pattern of mine as it typically bites me in the ass :P
Well, if someone slams you for being overeager to interact with the player-base, it won't be me.

It' my favorite thing about Riot and this game, honestly.

Gorkins

01-14-2014

Quote:
Soraka is weak right now, and much of that is because Soraka has one job, heal others.

I think I'll respond with a link to my dev blog (still rough) where I talk about the concept of dedicated healers in PvP games;

http://www.morellonomicon.com/
Wait how long have you had a dev blog? Contrary to popular belief I do find your experience and opinions on game design interesting.

Also wouldn't mind knowing your previous experience in game design prior to league

Morello

Lead Designer

01-14-2014
6 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovakattack View Post
Well, if someone slams you for being overeager to interact with the player-base, it won't be me.

It' my favorite part about Riot and this game, honestly.
Eh, it has tradeoffs :P

I'll respond to the OP when I can, I think it's worth a discussion. Fixing Soraka requires getting her out of blue healer territory, and we need to do it (it's high on the pri list, at least!) so it'd be good to share thoughts on how.