@ Morello - A plat 1 Soraka player wants to speak.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letler

01-14-2014

Getting chained stunned by Leona and 100-0 by Annie isn't toxic tho.

Hellioning

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Soraka is weak right now, and much of that is because Soraka has one job, heal others.

I think I'll respond with a link to my dev blog (still rough) where I talk about the concept of dedicated healers in PvP games;

http://www.morellonomicon.com/
You know, Morello, this is why people think you hate supports.

Cirno Strongest

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangrine View Post
That entire posts reads like you wanted to the conclusion to be that dedicated healers are evil and started from there. Rather than looking at the entire concept of combat as a whole. It gives off this vibe that everything would be perfectly balanced if it wasn't for those pesky, annoying people who enjoy playing healers.
Are you familiar with playing a healer class in pvp games? Morello is pretty much right and I'm saying this coming from the position of pretty much maining healers in mmos. The moment you have a dedicated healer pvp turns into either blow them up really fast before the healer can react or target the healers. If you cannot do either of those then you have a stalemate. From a the perspective of a healer it can be fairly unfun too if things aren't going your way. In the first instance it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion and the second case just sucks because you're always being targeted.

I still enjoy playing healers, but dedicated healers do suck in pvp.

Color Deaf

01-14-2014

Quote:
Soraka is weak right now, and much of that is because Soraka has one job, heal others.

I think I'll respond with a link to my dev blog (still rough) where I talk about the concept of dedicated healers in PvP games;

You totally missed the perfect site: http://morellonomi.com

Postal Miku

01-14-2014

Quote:

Okay screw it
Rengar came out after you made this statement, like a long time ago, that guy has LITERAL FREE SUSTAIN BURST HEALING
Now, why is it that a bruiser can have it, a somewhat selfish champion, but a support designed for HELPING OTHER PLAYERS, cannot

not only that, but lifesteal has been a huge problem over season 3, it's too strong earlygame and way too accessible
spirit visage being a problem for most of S3 on champions like Nasus and Mundo

And dont give me the "B-BUT MUH RISK OF LAST HITTING CREEPS" there is no damn risk of attacking creeps for lifesteal
honestly lifesteal needs to be halved on creeps and kept the same on champions

Letler

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno Strongest View Post
Are you familiar with playing a healer class in pvp games? Morello is pretty much right and I'm saying this coming from the position of pretty much maining healers in mmos. The moment you have a dedicated healer pvp turns into either blow them up really fast before the healer can react or target the healers. If you cannot do either of those then you have a stalemate. From a the perspective of a healer it can be fairly unfun too if things aren't going your way. In the first instance it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion and the second case just sucks because you're always being targeted.

I still enjoy playing healers, but dedicated healers do suck in pvp.
How is this much different from getting zoned by massive cc monsters like Leona? Either you stay away or you die. Soraka could mitigate Annies 100-0 but that wouldn't be fun for Annie would it?

LiftsLikeGaston

01-14-2014

Morello is being a major ****** tonight.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-14-2014
2 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letler View Post
Op makes an.amazing argument. Morello responds with 2 sentences and a link to a blog. Why not address his concepts so much work into a post with such a little response.

He suggests making soraka more of a damage reducer and enhancer and morello responds with how healing is bad??????
Will do - long posts are not something I can read in-depth at work as I have 2 minutes to look at the issue.

I didn't fight his idea, I provided additional thoughts - because I hadn't had a chance to review his specifics. If then, he's trying to move her away from that, then my article supports that direction, right?

Morello

Lead Designer

01-14-2014
3 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegfriedx1 View Post
You could answer some of my paragraphs with a little more information. I feel like you didn't put a lot of effort doing it
See above post

MrSc0tty

01-14-2014

Quote:

I...honestly can't tell if this is a troll response or not.

EDIT: Apparently not, see directly above. :/ Ninja'd by busy morello at work.

Did you read the post? Seems like the guy agrees with you, and thinks that the healing part of her kit should be reduced...again, and tuned more to preventing damage than healing it up after the fact.

I agree, though we have a mechanic for prevention of damage that isn't binary or percentage based (which I think would be broken by design, if anything you would have to COMPLETELY remove the heal to warrant a 1 second 75% damage reduction on Ablessing).

So uh. Tl;DR he wants to change Astral Blessing into a %damage reduction skill, and also wants Q to only hit minions if held for a 1 second channel to reduce Soraka's lane pressure but increase poke potential.