On MMR Boosting and the 2014 Season

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naethmor

01-14-2014

You shouldn't have even bothered making this post. you don't do anything to elo boosters, it's been proven. i reported this kid, supplied all the evidence and you didn't do anything to him. so please stop thinking we're all gullible and go back to banning the people who spam honor to the trolls.

FatedTitan

01-14-2014

Just curious. Let's say a friend has a high level ranked team. In fact, he's on many high level ranked teams. He has one that he doesn't even use anymore and wants to clear space for a new team. So he lets you take control of the clan for your friends to enjoy. So a group of Bronzies takes over a Platinum level clan. Would this be boosting?

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

01-14-2014
14 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Commando Yi View Post
there were rioters on the forums banning forum users and deleting any and all posts about a well known elo boost by one xj9 (it was streamed and practically most of the community knows about it) for the owner of that account

please don't give us these lies that you guys care about elo boosting when riot protects people that have been elo boosted so long as they have the right connections

the idea that riot cares about elo boosting is laughable
People were not simply reporting someone, but actively witch hunting them. Our forums are not a place to publicly prosecute someone based off of incomplete information and we will not tolerate any form of witch hunting even if a person ends up being determined guilty inn the end.

This is no secret. I had a rather long conversation in one of the threads at the time explaining this stance.

If you have information on anyone violating our rules or Terms of Service then we are more than happy to accept a support ticket with information. Attempts to name and shame will just result in forum banning.

Just Mid

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
People were not simply reporting someone, but actively witch hunting them. Our forums are not a place to publicly prosecute someone based off of incomplete information and we will not tolerate any form of witch hunting even if a person ends up being determined guilty inn the end.

This is no secret. I had a rather long conversation in one of the threads at the time explaining this stance.

If you have information on anyone violating our rules or Terms of Service then we are more than happy to accept a support ticket with information. Attempts to name and shame will just result in forum banning.
The Wookie has spoken.

EzSkillshot

01-14-2014

As someone whose team ran into a team playing to gatekeeper for another team, is that team considered boosting?
Or is that abuse acceptable.

Misara Hirama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2014

I adore how much people crucify Riot...but keep playing the game. It is the epitome of hypocrisy. WookieeCookie and Riot Rhojin, I personally think you are both and Riot games in general, are doing a damn fine job. I won't like and say League doesn't frustrate me...or that people don't frustate me sometimes but League in and of itself is a fun and addicting game. I've not been so keen on logging onto a game since I first started WoW. Keep on it.

Just Mid

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Li View Post
I adore how much people crucify Riot...but keep playing the game. It is the epitome of hypocrisy. WookieeCookie and Riot Rhojin, I personally think you are both and Riot games in general, are doing a damn fine job. I won't like and say League doesn't frustrate me...or that people don't frustate me sometimes but League in and of itself is a fun and addicting game. I've not been so keen on logging onto a game since I first started WoW. Keep on it.
Yw, Summoner.

Ivalyr

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I did just that, and was told it would be investigated, but that the results of the investigation couldn't be disclosed. But a quick check of their profile shows they were awarded the season 3 diamond rewards.

Wrath of Kon

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Li View Post
I agree with riot on a lot of things but this one case is hard for everyone. It just boggles me that someone reported for boosting gets through interview process

Just Mid

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivalyr View Post
I did just that, and was told it would be investigated, but that the results of the investigation couldn't be disclosed. But a quick check of their profile shows they were awarded the season 3 diamond rewards.
I reported someone for elo boosting and they got the mother ****ing ban hammer BAM!