About Featured Gamemodes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDarkestRaven

12-19-2013

I'd just like to ask Riot that if we find a really, really good featured gamemode, can we keep that gamemode forever? Doesn't have to have a queue after its "Featured" time, can be custom. But some gamemodes that were suggested in the "Featured Gamemodes Thread" by RiotForScience sounded really, really fun and I was wondering if we could keep some of them after they are Featured.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

01-14-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Ninja 7 View Post
I'd just like to ask Riot that if we find a really, really good featured gamemode, can we keep that gamemode forever? Doesn't have to have a queue after its "Featured" time, can be custom. But some gamemodes that were suggested in the "Featured Gamemodes Thread" by RiotForScience sounded really, really fun and I was wondering if we could keep some of them after they are Featured.

It is always a possibility, but there are technical concerns that generally make this not the preferable way that we present modes. I am really excited about those ideas that have been coming up here as well.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4036715

I am just an artist so I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth when diving into the specific technical reasons why modes are rotating at the moment. Though personally I think it is a fantastic idea. I tend to get really excited about these play-types for a really brief period of time, and then I want to get back to SR. With a rotating schedule I can build up my anticipation for when a favorite mode is going to come back around; rather than that mode getting lost in a sea of game mode ideas.

BladesOfGoGoPowa

01-14-2014

3 weeks, only one response and it's a Riot Member. They really do care.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

01-14-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesOfGoGoPowa View Post
3 weeks, only one response and it's a Riot Member. They really do care.

Yeah, sorry for my necro posts. It is a lot easier to reach me on the Art and Audio feedback thread. GD can be a little too hectic to have discussion or gather feedback and critique.

SeeMyPho

01-14-2014

Better late reply than never, IMO

DannyPhantumm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2014

Hooray for science.