On MMR Boosting and the 2014 Season

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just Mid

Member

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unversable View Post
No, I don't think they really enforce the Account Sharing rule too much or else there would be a TON of banned accounts.
Is that account sharing though? I just try to teach them while they play since spectating sucks ass with that huge delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
If they played on their account and not yours while on your computer/client, you should be fine if I'm reading these Red responses correctly. The issue begins when someone who isn't you plays on your account.
How would they know who played on whose accounts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just Mid

Member

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unversable View Post
I don't know how they could be able to tell if it was you or him if it was on your computer. Like I said, for small stuff like that, I don't think they care at all. I think they are more concerned with people making money and playing ranked.
K good cause I don't want a banio pasterino plz


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Rhojin

Player Behavior Specialist

01-14-2014
5 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light deus View Post
wait so you can go on your friends account, as long as you play normals :/?
Under no circumstances should you play games on an account you do not own. Playing normals will not get you punished for MMR Boosting but it could be grounds for an account sharing punishment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fukaro

Senior Member

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light deus View Post
wait so you can go on your friends account, as long as you play normals :/?
Yep. No one cares about normals. I doubt Riot could care less.

Edit: Riot cares^^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vahlenx

Senior Member

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Rhojin View Post
Under no circumstances should you play games on an account you do not own. Playing normals will not get you punished for MMR Boosting but it could be grounds for an account sharing punishment.
SOOOOO, could you guys go ahead and recover my account for me? It's be appreciated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FiddIesticks Bot

Senior Member

01-14-2014

Riot, I think its fair if you wipe all the ranking from everyone, so everyone will have a fresh clean start; reason being, previous accounts have been boosted by X- unknown players.


After that, enforce this Martial Law on MMR Boosting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just Mid

Member

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahlenx View Post
SOOOOO, could you guys go ahead and recover my account for me? It's be appreciated.
You can't just take someone's word over the internet. Send a support ticket and be patient. If it's really yours, you'll most likely get it back.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Rhojin

Player Behavior Specialist

01-14-2014
6 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CirTex View Post
If the player owns a VPN or VPS how will you weed out the boosters from the people who just want to hide their real ip?
Simply using a VPN will never get you banned for MMR Boosting. Our investigation process makes sure that only those who have participated in MMR Boosting receive punishments.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoWorkTownsend

Senior Member

01-14-2014

Did this already happen or is it in the process? Pretty sure I have someone on my friends list who was boosted on a stream. I could tell because the person in the webcam on stream was not my friend o.o.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

archangelfighter

Senior Member

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWorkTownsend View Post
Did this already happen or is it in the process? Pretty sure I have someone on my friends list who was boosted on a stream. I could tell because the person in the webcam on stream was not my friend o.o.
Send in a support ticket.