On MMR Boosting and the 2014 Season

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calderweiss

01-14-2014

how about you tell the person responsible for the leagues system to make it possible to drop out of a V division.

Boosting is encouraged when you can't drop out of gold/plat/diamond V

HammerZeit88

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderweiss View Post
how about you tell the person responsible for the leagues system to make it possible to drop out of a V division.

Boosting is encouraged when you can't drop out of gold/plat/diamond V
They are making that possible...

Do people even research things BEFORE posting?

TsKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2014

What will you do about boxbox?

Koi Nami Only

01-14-2014

Oh wow. My friend will be glad to see that about the team boosting in the Challenger scene. Good job, Rito!

SZEFEN

Recruiter

01-14-2014

Am I allowed to play on someone elses account in normals?

KanColle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsKen View Post
What will you do about boxbox?
Hasn't he been in a slump ever since he started duoing with that one chick?

And all the "smurfing" makes him feed in Diamond games. Lol

TouchFluffyTail

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Rhojin View Post
To start, we identify MMR Boosting as an action where a third party logs into a player’s account and plays in ranked games, thereby raising the account’s MMR and rank to a level that the account owner did not earn on their own. The Leagues system has been carefully tuned so that players are placed in a proper tier with others at a similar skill level. Abusing the system degrades the game experience for everyone involved.
The Leagues system has been carefully tuned so that players are placed in a proper tier with others at a similar skill level.

The Leagues system has been carefully tuned so that players are placed in a proper tier with others at a similar skill level.

Are you sure about that? Are you REALLY sure about that?
Let me share a little history of me and my friends smurfing. I know a semi pro Challenger adc who won 9 out of 10 of his placement games in his smurf. He was placed in bronze 1.

I know a diamond 1 jungle main who won 8/10 of his placement games. He was placed in silver 5.
When I started S3 for ranked I won 8/10 of my placement games. I was placed into silver 5.
My friend won 4/10 of his games. No joke. 4 out of 10. He got silver 3. Hes been demoted to silver 5 and stayed there ever.
Can you explain to me how this happens with such a finely tuned, well oiled machine that is the LOL ranking system?

Hostile

01-14-2014

If the player owns a VPN or VPS how will you weed out the boosters from the people who just want to hide their real ip?

LOLDozer

01-14-2014

Smurfing is fine.

Having multiple accounts is fine.

Giving other people access to those accounts, is not fine.

ADCisMyReligion

01-14-2014

Duo needs to be removed. It's solo queue.