Riot: Taking a **** on anyone trying to take mid or top tower.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LVNsNASmurf

01-14-2014

Quote:
This was done to discourage pros going 2v1 top.
Of course it was, except that was about the only useful strategy which dealt with these massive super tanks in toplane.

Expect the return of 25 minutes of AFK farming, too tough to kill, too tough to push out of lane, and nobody can take a turret up there.

Secondly, WHY THE HELL DID THEY PUT IT ON MID.

Nobody was trying to 2v1 midlane, all you've done is make is much, much harder for mages and ap assassins to legitimately push their own turret, and lord knows they had enough trouble already

Crispe

01-14-2014

Good job Riot, ADC's who already act like the most entitled ****s in the world, have had their views heavily enforced by you *slowclap*

archangelfighter

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNsNASmurf View Post
Of course it was, except that was about the only useful strategy which dealt with these massive super tanks in toplane.

Expect the return of 25 minutes of AFK farming, too tough to kill, too tough to push out of lane, and nobody can take a turret up there.

Secondly, WHY THE HELL DID THEY PUT IT ON MID.

Nobody was trying to 2v1 midlane, all you've done is make is much, much harder for mages and ap assassins to legitimately push their own turret, and lord knows they had enough trouble already
This.
Mid is volatile enough without making it more difficult for either side to make a dent into the turret. God, this is going to put mid into a total stalemate, and top is going to be a solid wall for 20+ minutes.

EUW ForumAcc

01-14-2014

Why am I not surprised...?

Honestly: Instead of realizing stats need diminishing returns after synergy rather than increasing returns, which would fight snowballing, get faster paced games AND solve the 0CS issue in one go, they have used several bandaid "fixes" to cover up the design holes.

The new gold items are horrible, horrible game design. They are a blatant crutch. And so is this turret change. It's completely in line with Riot's recent design decisions, which are dumb and desperate, because they try to change the effects of very basic game mechanics without touching these mechanics with a 100yard pole.

At the current rate, we'll see items doing less damage on specific champions if certain champions synergize particularly well with certain items and end up OP due to this. They are just looking at problems from an extremely isolated point of view.

Qeuscis

01-14-2014

Yeah I really hate this. I deal like 25 damage to the turret per hit, at 8 minutes. Like, it's so bad.

Don't bother playing early game champions, IMO.

LVNsNASmurf

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeuscis View Post
Yeah I really hate this. I deal like 25 damage to the turret per hit, at 8 minutes. Like, it's so bad.

Don't bother playing early game champions, IMO.
I like pantheon, he can win midlane early. So, at about level 5 or so (after 8 minutes), I often get a kill, and push tower. Except now I'll do much less damage, thanks for murdering my early game champion and the reason I pick them (to take a tower and roam).

I don't think they ever tested this change at all.

ItsShiaLaBeouf

01-14-2014

At least now I can leave botlane without Jinx taking down my tower before I even get done buying my items.

Crispe

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPurple View Post
At least now I can leave botlane without Jinx taking down my tower before I even get done buying my items.
I hope this is sarcasm.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-14-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
I think it scales down after 8 minutes.

3v1 early tower rushing needed to be nerfed. Also like the **** you could push the tower in 8m with all that added armor anyways.
This is all true. I think we didn't clarify this well in our messaging:

3v1 basically eliminates the laning phase and is defining pro play - and the reaction to this is to 3v1 a different lane. This cuts out an entire, important, part of the game and makes things fatalistic and very predictable.

Reminder that this does not lower minion damage in those lanes. For mids, a lot of the tower damage already comes from minion attacks for an early tower, and the DR falls off in most cases before it matters in a 1v1 case. For MOST play (ie non-LCS), this will have almost no effect if you don't try to 3-man-fast-push a tower.

Sorry for the lack of clarity on this. I also am fine with this beign a hold-over method until we get some more underlying work done.

LittleMewMew

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPurple View Post
They removed the bonus armor on bot turret too, so actually she'll take it faster.

123456 ... 9