@Riot -Nunu's Future VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

01-14-2014
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLeahcim View Post
Nunu (the one on the top?) is now a yordle! That's what I would like :3

This is totally not my call, as an Environment artist I just participate in these things via feedback and suggestions, but I am really resistant to the idea of making Nunu a Yordle. I have a 2 year old son myself so having Nunu be a very young kid makes Willump a very relatable character for me. He has this demeanor of awesome mixed with exhaustion that I find very familiar.

Super Explosion

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
This is totally not my call, as an Environment artist I just participate in these things via feedback and suggestions, but I am really resistant to the idea of making Nunu a Yordle. I have a 2 year old son myself so having Nunu be a very young kid makes Willump a very relatable character for me. He has this demeanor of awesome mixed with exhaustion that I find very familiar.
Nunu should almost certainly remain as he is.

Honestly, I'm not sure why champion design has shied away from characters like Nunu and Amumu and even Mundo in recent years.

They may have a nice charm and humor to them.

FatedTitan

01-14-2014

Quote:

Nunu not a yordle. Nunu is the only young boy character we have in the game. Amumu doesn't count because he's not technically all there. But I think Nunu is an archetype that we don't have if he becomes a yordle.

DarkLeahcim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2014

I am just a big fan of yordles >.< I just want a new one soon :3

Tortferngatr

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLeahcim View Post
I am just a big fan of yordles >.< I just want a new one soon :3
Expect one by the end of June.

gulgolet2000

01-14-2014

Quote:
I must agree with you. As you said; making Nunu a yordle won't feel like the "Yordle-Part" belongs to the character and the concept.

P.S: Thanks for the great feedback on these Nunu ideas! And again, thank you so much, RiotForScience, for taking a look at my ideas and thoughts. I really appreciate the fact that you comment here and it's really important to me! ;D

Borand

01-14-2014

Tbh, I'd like a full rework on him.

He's one of the first characters that I played and alongside Sion and Warwick, I really used to like him. So, I'd like him to be properly reintroduced into the game ^_^

gulgolet2000

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Tbh, I'd like a full rework on him.

He's one of the first characters that I played and alongside Sion and Warwick, I really used to like him. So, I'd like him to be properly reintroduced into the game ^_^
A full rework+VU is a much different thing.. Anyways, I don't think that he needs a rework.. He's a very unique champ as he is (Ability-Wise) and might considered strong or weak in a different places and areas, but not enough to fully rework him.

gulgolet2000

01-16-2014

May I Bump this? I know a got a Red and some comments, but I would like this to have more attention, as more people will see it.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

01-16-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulgolet2000 View Post
May I Bump this? I know a got a Red and some comments, but I would like this to have more attention, as more people will see it.
I am not sure what else needs to be said about this. Riot is definitely aware of the fact that all of the original 40 champs need to be unified with our current visual direction. Which ones are the highest priority is one of those things where this stuff gets murky. GrumpyMonkey is definitely a better resource to speak to this than me. Nunu may be a lower priority because compared to other champs he is still pretty charming.