Showdown statistical breakdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kemlordchaos

01-13-2014

i agree with this it has great data and statistics on both game modes. one for all though may be considered a good game mode that will definetly have its popularity but like the normal game modes now the queue times can decrease but also may increase its like a gamble perhaps like the gaming mode now which was not available before ARAM

Scapemaster

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We want to try and do some things with Dominion via the auspices of featured game modes, we just need to figure out what first.
I think the issue you are looking at is trying to do something with "Dominion" when you should really be looking at other ways to use the "Crystal Scar" resource you already have. Back in the summer there was an EXTREMELY popular (not so sure about how it is now) custom game mode called "Hide and Seek" with some already very well defined rules and a strong (imo) player base behind it. Also why not use the map for larger team sizes, such as 7v7 or 10v10.

Lord J Walker

01-13-2014

Did you take into account the time of year that one for all was released?

One for All was the only game mode I played for the entire time it was available. Also, once I was back in school for the 2nd to last week of my semester I lost the chance to keep it up. I would assume there were many other people in the same situation or a similar one.

Did you check if there was a drop in the overall games played during the same time periods?

OWNAZAURUS REX

01-13-2014

While I do agree that I enjoyed the All For One experience 1000x more than the showdown mode. You also have to consider the fact that Showdown was run over the course of most of us college students' winter break. I was barely able to play it.

Hellioning

01-13-2014

I personally question the decision to remove OfA until Showdown was ready. I understand that adding too many queues drastically increases queue times for all of them, but I do not understand why we didn't keep OfA until Showdown was ready. Barring any bugs that show up, your team is done with them, so you can focus all your efforts into making the next game mode.

Witchbell

01-13-2014

I think the real problem with 1v1 is the rewards you get for completing one. You don't get any. You go through this match where you either stomp your opponent or get stomped. Usually games last about 30 sec to maybe 3 minutes and when you get to the results screen you see a measly 14 ip rewarded to your account. It doesn't give people an incentive for playing. Its fun at first but eventually they would go back to SR to get more IP or LP if they frequently play ranked. One For All was like a normal game of SR where some restraints were lifted. You got the same amount of IP as a normal game, you didn't have to worry about any of the stress or organization that comes with the meta and you can do crazy stuff for entertainment. It was fun. I believe that the players love to have fun but if they don't have anything to work toward the lose interest in things very quickly. With our strict meta we can't really think outside the box without being labled a troll, a baddie or simply can't compete against the standard playstyle Riot and the players enforce. We need some rewards to make featured modes more appealing so they have the ability to be popular enough to become permanent modes.

A long time ago you guys had an achievements tab on our profiles that was never completed and replaced with Item sets. Is there a possibility that you could bring it back? I think people would be more inclined to play various gamemodes if we had achievements to work toward and collect. Maybe even place specific rewards toward. Like allowing players to unlock champions after a playing them for a certain amount of time during their free week. Giving limited IP boosts for reaching a 7 game hotstreak or maybe discounts at the store once you've unlocked a certain percentage of champions. Incentives like these would keep people playing the game and if you link some achievements to specific gamemodes it will motivate players to play every game mode,not just the one connected to their ranked careers.

Unjovial Romanov

01-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNsNASmurf View Post
The only real addition Showdown needs is the Challenge: The ability to invite anyone in your post game screen to a showdown without needing to set one up or be friends. You're locked to the champions, runes, masteries and summoners you used last game.

Pretty much, I want a button that does "One V One me, Noob!" with a single press.
I actually like this lol, and maybe you can wager ip or rp

iGetBoredYahh

01-13-2014

venomxl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2014

Here's the problem with the magma chamber map: There's no reason to ever move outside of the lane. Provide something worth fighting over on the sides, i.e. a 5 minion mob with a solid gold reward, a big health pack, or a big bag of gold. This will open up the game for better dueling champs to compete against the wave clearing range monsters.

No Law

01-13-2014

Do you know how long till One for all coming back? Don't make it too long please^^